Hey, I'm planning on getting a new guitar with my new job and I checked out a few guitars today up in the city that I will mention later but I need you guys to help me find some guitars to check out. I want:

A normal kind of shape (like ibanez rg or esp horizon)

Flamed or Quilted top (black, red or burst preferably)

Floyd rose (a real one preferably)

Thin Neck

Seymour Duncan pickups (Preferably. I want something that can give a great metal tone and a great clean tone, so versatile)

My highest is like 700$ Canadian. I definitely want to buy new though.

When I was checking out guitars today I really liked this LTD H-500, I want something pretty much like this but with a floyd. Can you guys help me out?
kijiji.ca

craigslist.ca

you'll be amazed what you can find, and 700 bucks can go pretty far
just give me a fender and let me rip
just give me a fender and let me rip
tbh honest if you're going to get a Schecter I would look at something better than the Omen 6. Look at the C-1 Hellraiser. Has a floyd rose, a flame top, and EMG's, they're not too far off from Seymours, probably a bit more metal(keep in mind they are active pickups)

Also the blackjacks seem to be getting jocked around much lately, but I know the 006 blackjack has coil tapping which is fun.

Personally I would suggest looking at ESP/LTD or Ibanez first though. But the hellraiser is pretty ill looking if you ask me.

EDIT: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C1-Hellraiser-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134
Last edited by handbanana at May 18, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
tbh honest if you're going to get a Schecter I would look at something better than the Omen 6. Look at the C-1 Hellraiser. Has a floyd rose, a flame top, and EMG's, they're not too far off from Seymours, probably a bit more metal(keep in mind they are active pickups)

Also the blackjacks seem to be getting jocked around much lately, but I know the 006 blackjack has coil tapping which is fun.

Personally I would suggest looking at ESP/LTD or Ibanez first though. But the hellraiser is pretty ill looking if you ask me.

EDIT: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C1-Hellraiser-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134

I know, but the EMG's are what I don't want. I want something that gives me some good metal tone but not at much as EMG's becuase I already have EMG's in my one guitar whichn I'm going to use for heavier drop c stuff and this guitar is going to be drop d and more versatile. And for 300$ I think the damien 6 is a pretty decent deal.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2T-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=520322

First thing that popped into my mind. Also if you are looking for an OFR, that's going to be pretty hard to find in the $700 dollar range. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one in the $700 range.

Edit: It doesn't have the floyd or the color headstock, but it fits all of the other wants really well, and I figured the floyd/headstock was the least important.
Last edited by Dragonblood21 at May 18, 2010,
How about a Fender Strat?? They are very versatile and easily within your price range.

ron666
strat's aren't metal guitars. at least not the single pickup variety. A fat strat is a little different story, though I still wouldn't recommend them for metal.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by Levi79
I know, but the EMG's are what I don't want. I want something that gives me some good metal tone but not at much as EMG's becuase I already have EMG's in my one guitar whichn I'm going to use for heavier drop c stuff and this guitar is going to be drop d and more versatile. And for 300$ I think the damien 6 is a pretty decent deal.

Damiens are pretty nice, I've played a couple. They're good guitars for the price
Quote by ePOWsa
Damiens are pretty nice, I've played a couple. They're good guitars for the price

Yeah, especially since I can get this guitar for 250$. I'm just going to switch out the pickups to some seymours as soon as i can afford it. What does everyone think is better for a bridge pickup an Invader or a Dimebucker? and whats a better neck pickup a Jazz or a 59?