I need a cab to slap some G12-T75 celestions in to go with my Peavey JSX and eventually my Marshall JCM 800 2203 and hopefully a Marshall 6100LM as well. I want to be able to pull off Iron Maiden, Priest and various NWOBHM and 80s Hard Rock/Metal bands and some Death tones out of the cab/amp combo.

So my question is: Which cab model would be better suited for the type of music and the amp heads that it will be paired with with the 75s in it? Are there even any tonal differences or are the differences purely cosmetic?
vintage are opened back and contemporary are closed back.

i would think closed back would work better.

check out the Avatar traditional cabs too - i think they now have a convertible option that allow you both open/closed back options.
You can get the vintage in closed back -- I have one with 2 G12H30s. I love the thing, really warm sounding speakers with a nice rounded top, and deep low end. Helps beef up my HT-5.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Quote by sixstringedmatt
You can get the vintage in closed back -- I have one with 2 G12H30s. I love the thing, really warm sounding speakers with a nice rounded top, and deep low end. Helps beef up my HT-5.

well I'll be damned...you sure can

I have a Traditional 212 with G12H30 and a CL80
yes because they have different dimensions.

The traditional is like a standard marshall cab, the vintage is modeled on a bluesbreaker cab, the contemporary is modeled on an orange cab.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Ok well should I get the traditional since I want this cab to pretty much be a 2x12 version of the Marshall 1960A?
bump

The traditional cab, can you get it as a closed back? Or does it only come in open back?
The Traditional normally ships with a closed back I believe. When I ordered mine - that was the only option. Great cab. Call Dave at Avatar and talk it through with him. Great guy. I have a decent pic of the insides somewhere....