yo guys shadowz_fall here, back with another dumb question, so anyways, after watching some couple of covers, i noticed that the guitarists in them videos are pretty relaxed while playing, well i don't really know if its being relaxed but, their strumming hand is so damn steady, and their fretting hands seem to have a lot of control, and when i try comparing the way they play to the way i play, i feel like a complete noob

its not that i can't play the song though, its just that, i dunno why but, i feel extremely restless at the fast parts of a song, especially when the solo comes in, i'd usually have to struggle to keep up with the pace of the song i'm playing, but yeah i can play it, so i wanna learn to do what they are doing, err... whatever it is they are doing, is there any way to develop a relaxed feeling while playing guitar? i mean, if you guys can see me playing the guitar right now, i make guitar solos, look harder than it should be, plz help me guys, and thanks in advance
Quote by tenfold
http://www.vimeo.com/11544304
Really practice this and you will see improvement.

thanks, gonna watch the video now *gets some popcorn* so erm... random question, is tom hess someone i should know? like is he famous or something?
Famous? Not exactly. He's a virtuoso though. Highly skilled.
To the average player, his tips don't seem that great, but they're actually very good.
This video will give you separate strategies for each hand, which nobody tells you about. It's common sense, you can't have the same strategy for each hand, they have totally different tasks.
Quote by tenfold
http://www.vimeo.com/11544304
Really practice this and you will see improvement.

Tom knows some really helpful insights into guitar, but he plugs his lessons almost everytime he opens his mouth. Which makes listening to him very painful.
Quote by shadowz_fall
yo guys shadowz_fall here, back with another dumb question, so anyways, after watching some couple of covers, i noticed that the guitarists in them videos are pretty relaxed while playing, well i don't really know if its being relaxed but, their strumming hand is so damn steady, and their fretting hands seem to have a lot of control, and when i try comparing the way they play to the way i play, i feel like a complete noob

its not that i can't play the song though, its just that, i dunno why but, i feel extremely restless at the fast parts of a song, especially when the solo comes in, i'd usually have to struggle to keep up with the pace of the song i'm playing, but yeah i can play it, so i wanna learn to do what they are doing, err... whatever it is they are doing, is there any way to develop a relaxed feeling while playing guitar? i mean, if you guys can see me playing the guitar right now, i make guitar solos, look harder than it should be, plz help me guys, and thanks in advance

METRONOME!

If you're struggling to keep up with faster sections of songs it's a timing issue. Start the section slowly with a metronome, then gradually increase the tempo.

Ideally you'll increase the tempo slow enough so that you're relaxed the whole way. You should even take it faster than the original tempo, so that when you slow it down it seems that much easier.