Can you run a Line 6 POD 2.0 straight into a 2x12 Cabinet without an amp head?

Thanks
You need to use a poweramp, speaker cabs arn't powered on their own.
You could run a pod direct into a PA system though.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
no it only works as a preamp, you need a poweramp to make it work. heres the signal chain. (guitar<pod<poweramp<cab)
Would I be able to plug the POD into a starter amp, and bypass the sound over onto a 212 cab, so it uses the 212 speakers?

I'm only thinking about doing this because I can sell my Vypyr now for a good price, and then use the POD on a cab so that I can buy a head for it when ever I have the money. But when I plugged them POD into a starter amp out of interest a while ago it sounded terrible, but could that have been the speakers fault?
Quote by Lr-Mtb
Would I be able to plug the POD into a starter amp, and bypass the sound over onto a 212 cab, so it uses the 212 speakers?

I'm only thinking about doing this because I can sell my Vypyr now for a good price, and then use the POD on a cab so that I can buy a head for it when ever I have the money. But when I plugged them POD into a starter amp out of interest a while ago it sounded terrible, but could that have been the speakers fault?

generally beginner amps will mess up your sound, even if you send it straight to a cab, so I wouldn't recommend going that way

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Oh ok, are there any fairly cheap speakers that would work with the POD for a while, I just need something to get the sound out until I buy an amp head (probably a Bugera 333XL or a 6262).
Yeah I wouldn't reccomend doing it with the starter amp either, though it is possible with some mods, as long as the ohms match up, don't do it though.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=guitar+power+amp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XZ3yS4anMqD00gTQ8-2iDQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC4QrQQwAA

there is a link to some guitar power amps, they start off pretty cheap, and get quite expensive once you get to the Marshalls etc.... these are definatly your best bet though.

Though I would also reccomend that you never buy/sell anything just because you can. You should always save your money for what you really really want, which in a few years could be to get rid of your POD and get a valve head or something.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Get a Valve Junior for now. They work great with POD's.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Lr-Mtb
Oh ok, are there any fairly cheap speakers that would work with the POD for a while, I just need something to get the sound out until I buy an amp head (probably a Bugera 333XL or a 6262).
You can just run it into a stereo. Or if you get a cab, use any stereo amp to drive the cab. It will work and sound fine. Then you can get a power amp/head later.
Quote by Jato Unit x666x
you can

You can't.
you can/ i have done it with my podxtlive. havent tried with any other pod though. ill gladly make a video if there are doubters. youll have to wait a couple days though, since my pod isnt here at the moment. the headphone out on the pod is powered. jyust enough to drive headphones. you cant get super loud using this method, but it definitely DOES work.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ldonnell89
no it only works as a preamp, you need a poweramp to make it work. heres the signal chain. (guitar<pod<poweramp<cab)

+1
Quote by InanezGuitars44
you can/ i have done it with my podxtlive. havent tried with any other pod though. ill gladly make a video if there are doubters. youll have to wait a couple days though, since my pod isnt here at the moment. the headphone out on the pod is powered. jyust enough to drive headphones. you cant get super loud using this method, but it definitely DOES work.

Well that would explain then wouldn't it, the headphone out is powered, therefor it's acting as a power amp, if there is no power amp, it won't work.

I bet the method you described sounds awful though.
Quote by FuzzLove
Well that would explain then wouldn't it, the headphone out is powered, therefor it's acting as a power amp, if there is no power amp, it won't work.

I bet the method you described sounds awful though.

the point was that you do not need a separate power amp. the pod can go straight to the cab. it doesnt sound amazing, but it sounds good enough for playing by yourself. i wouldnt dare try gigging with that kind of setup.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣