Hey I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good cheap acoustic. I don't want to spend more than $250.

Thanks!
If you have one available locally, go to a big chain like Guitar Center and just play as many of the inexpensive instruments as you can. You'll normally find at least half-a-dozen.
If you don't, go to their website (or Musician's Friend or whatever) and just search for acoustics under 250... There will be a lot.
You'll do better if you stick close to that figure; real cheapies are available but tend to be pretty poor.
I was pretty impressed with what I could get for 200 bucks a couple of years ago...Fender, Yamaha...I ended up with a "Mitchell" (Indonesian made) since it sounded and played better than the others on hand.
another vote for the yamaha fg700s. cheap shallow bowl ovations sound a bit like cardboard unplugged.
Quote by bagpipemetal
What about the shallowbowl ovations?

I bought a used one with a case on eBay and i love it, i only spent like 200 for both. more versatile, but its a different sound from a regular acoustic, its brighter and just different but i like it they're nice guitars
yamaha make great budget acoustics
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I just bought an Alvarez RD8 for $239 - really a good sounding guitar for the money and hardshell case was included (music go round).

Pretty new to the acoustic but I played a bunch of different guitars before settling on the Alvarez and I'm very satisfied. Come strung up with Elixers too - great package.
Quote by obeythepenguin
I wouldn't recommend them unless you're playing exclusively plugged in. Thin body = thin (unplugged) sound.

i second this. loved the feel of my mate's fiber body but the sound just wasnt great!
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
Last edited by padfootpak at Jul 22, 2010,
this might be an okay guitar if you don't care how it sounds unplugged. otherwise see my comment above. i've played dozens of 'em, btw.

Quote by bagpipemetal
I was wondering about this Ovation http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ovation-Applause-Series-AE148-Super-Shallow-Cutaway-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=516977

I've played other ovations before and liked them but the placement of the sound holes on this one's looks like it would be better suited to plugged-in play.