Hey guys my g string on my guitar makes a ringing noise, and sounds out of the ordinary and out of tune, its when i both pluck it fretted and open. It is in tune when i check, i also checked the intonation and its fine. My neck looks straight, and my nut when i look at it looks undamaged. Im starting to get really annoyed with it and its making me want to not play it. but i want to badly

one thing i noticed is if i actually pick the string around the 12th fret through the first one the noise isent there and it sounds normal. apposed to picking it where i should by the pickups. idk if that will help solve the problem or not.

any help will be much appreciated
I had a similar problem with a guitar once, problem was that the string was kinda rattling on the nut, which of course didn't really have anything wrong with it, just left a bit too much space. My solution: put a string guide to the head to hold the string tight against the nut.

I'm not sure if this helps but I hope so.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
/\ Try that. I was just curious because the name of this post. haha.
Originally Posted by [Yamdiddle]

plugging my own wang into an amp and touching myself in front of millions of people, live!

Look at that picture, do you see the little metal piece holding the g and the high e strings? That's what you should try putting on yours.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
I would take it to a guitar tech for a set up. It may just be something as simple as you have some back bow in your neck. Did it just start lately? That kind of guitar is it?
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
the neck is perfectly straight from what i can see, its a fender squire strat lefty.

and it actually has to of those ima try adjusting it a bit see if that helps
i screwed it in as much as i could, helped alot!!! still sounds a little funky but definitely doable thanks alot
haha, g string

for real though, i've never had a guitar that could keep the g in tune, always sounds a bit off and you spend what feels like hours tuning the bugger