I turned on my amp in practice to find a problem with my distortion channel. I usually play with the volume and about 5 and this is well loud enough to be heard with everything else. However, the channel was reduced to sounding like an amp you get with a starter guitar, both volume and tone.
All 4 power tubes and the two pre amp tubes were lit up when it was switched on and the clean channel was working fine. Furthermore, I tried a different guitar with a different cable and still the same problem D=
Can anybody give me any other suggestions of what might be wrong please?

Thanks.
Yeah power tubes usually do that when they're going. Does the amp sound muddy?
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
I've had the amp for about 10 months.
The other guitarist in my band had a similar problem with his Randall rgtc50 and replaced the tubes to no avail. It turned out to be the transformer or something in the end. I obviously only have a basic knowledge of how these amps work so that's about as much detail as I know.
Quote by Cremor
I've had the amp for about 10 months.
The other guitarist in my band had a similar problem with his Randall rgtc50 and replaced the tubes to no avail. It turned out to be the transformer or something in the end. I obviously only have a basic knowledge of how these amps work so that's about as much detail as I know.

I would replace the tubes first...it's the easiest thing to do in your situation. If that doesn't fix the problem, then it could be the transformer.
Don't replace the tubes..take it to a legit tech it could be something as simple as a bad connection in the board.
Get the tubes tested before just replacing them. It could turn out to be not the tubes at all.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212