Can anyone give me some ideas of cool instrumental peices that sounds good without any other instruments....im not that great so something fairly basic and not too fast would be better

i like satriani stuff but cant play most of it, im new to the whole instrumental thing so are there any other artists who do similar things but like...easier lol

Cheers
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM
-Eruption (I don't know if I'd call it a "piece" though, it's just EVH going off)
-Anything by Andy Mckee
-Acoustic stuff from Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia, and John McLaughlin
-Does Satch's "Midnight" have anything besides the guitar track? Can't remember...

When it comes to electric guitar instrumentals, there aren't many that don't have a full band. In my opinion, that's a good thing, electric guitars don't sound complete without accompaniment (unless it's a clean tone jazz piece or a clean tone 8-finger tapping composition).
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
yeah i see your point... i guess i phrased the question badly, im looking for stuff thats gunna sound impressive without playing in a band or anything, so like ive been learning "super colossal" by satriani and that sounds cool on its own so just any other stuff/ artists like that

thanks for the suggestion btw

and that really famous "canon" thing on you tube, are they any other classical peices that that around?
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM
Quote by a7x dan
yeah i see your point... i guess i phrased the question badly, im looking for stuff thats gunna sound impressive without playing in a band or anything, so like ive been learning "super colossal" by satriani and that sounds cool on its own so just any other stuff/ artists like that

thanks for the suggestion btw

and that really famous "canon" thing on you tube, are they any other classical peices that that around?

Don't do a well known classical piece, especially canon. WAY overdone. And most of the lesser-known classical pieces are either way too complex for are doable on guitar and require massive amounts of skill.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Instrumental by War of Ages
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings