I need a pedal so that when I play live as a vocalist, I can trigger bass booms through the P.A. system.
So all I need to know is what pedal would I be looking for? I only need one sample to be played when the pedal is pressed.
What should I get?
we play metal. i just need a pedal to trigger bass booms for the breakdowns. im the vocalist. but i play guitar in other bands. id rather something triggered by foot, if not thats okay though. any suggestions?
I've never heard of any pedal that would do this. MIDI controller maybe? Could try whipping up some DIY thing if you're a handyman. This doesn't sound like something that would be easy, but IMO I'd try experimenting with some MIDI stuff and see what you can get.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Maybe something like this or this ?

You'd be able to record what you want and trigger that way. The Digitech JamMan is a similar type of thing.
the reason i dont want anything that loops, is because all my things i play need to be pre recorded. and i have no other use for looping
I did google that. Are there any pedals that don't loop and do other things like that. Even something that could plug straight into my laptop?
Probably not.

That sampler will go into your laptop though.

I find it unlikely you will find a pedal that literaly just plays back a track you put in it, as you could just plug an mp3 player into the pa to do that.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Ah okay. Thanks for the help anyway. Are there any pedals I can use to trigger the sound on the laptop, which is then plugged into the PA?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at May 18, 2010,
You're doing it wrong. What you are referring to is an "808 bass drop", these are triggered by either electric drums, or synth. You can look around, lots of drum modules can do 808 drops, as can many synths. The cheapest way to do what you're wanting to do (cheaper=not as quality), is to have an iPod going through your P.A. system, have the bass drop sample (I can make one for you if you need me to) on a separate playlist and hit play during the breakdown. I personally suggest forcing your drummer to go for a module that uses 808s, that's by far the best quality sound, especially for live shows.