Hey I'm a complete electrotard so I'm going to need some reassurances aswell as opinions on what "hfe" transistors to buy .

Here's a little parts list that i edited to suit me, if someone could check over it and make sure it should be fine that would be great! thankyou

Red next to a part for questions or items that I am unsure about being the right part that i would love for someone to help out with

Orange for items i have to ship from overseas (banzai music in germany), I believe it is free shipping for under 50 grams or am i mistaken? I am planning on only shipping 3 transistors lol so it should under 50g http://www.banzaimusic.com/shippingcost.html

Resistors - 5% Carbon Film (pack)
220k X2
5.1K (Res MF.25W 5k1 Grn-Brn-Red-Br how do i know what voltage to get all these parts in?)
----------------
Pots
5k linear X2 (5 kOhm 24mm Linear Rotary Pots - Metric 6mm Diameter Shaft 0.5W 500V Metric Push-on Shaft)
10k linear X3 (10 kOhm 24mm Linear Rotary Pots - Metric 6mm Diameter Shaft 0.5W 500V Metric Push-on Shaft)
----------------
Transistors
AC128 X2 (matched/selected - what hfe to get these in?)
2N3904 (NPN 40V 0.2A 0.5W TO-92)
AC adapter (don't see how I'd need this/can't find)
3PDT Switch (don't know what this is/can't find)

Using a cigar box for the case I might buy the transistors from smallbearelec (I'm in Aus) if the shipping isn't free from the german place but they don't seem to have AC128 - so I'd have no idea what to substitute it.

Cost rough guess of about 30~
Last edited by jhj at May 18, 2010,
Nice, I've wanted to build one of these for a while. Can anybody make suggestions for substitutes for the AC128s? Either a germ or a silicon substitute, silicon would be easier to get.
For resistors, I like to use metal film resistors rather than carbon film, because metal film tend to have a better tolerance - around 1% and also have less noise than CF.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by RIP_bonham
Nice, I've wanted to build one of these for a while. Can anybody make suggestions for substitutes for the AC128s? Either a germ or a silicon substitute, silicon would be easier to get.

The AC128's don't seem that hard to get.. the German ones I'm thinking of ordering are "matched" and you can chose what hfe you want them in so I guess it'd be worth it.

Only thing is I'm not sure how much the shipping is but they're like 3-4 euro each if anyone has experience with them that would be good.. is the shipping free under 50g?

One thing that's confusing me is how lots of items have 25w 50w next to their name

PS. Thanks jak, is everything else looking fine?
Fo resistors, I usually get 0.25w resistors.

Shipping cost:

https://support.banzaimusic.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=4
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly