I've got a fender blues deville 2x12 and i think the valves could do with a change, yet i can't find the exact fender valves, so i dunno what to do really. any pointers ?
It depends on the tubes you need. Find the code on the tubes and google alternatives.

As for the SOUND... well thats all in the ears of the beholder. Some people spend a whole lot of money acquiring genuine vintage tubes because they apparently sounds better. Try Eurotubes.com thats where I get mine from. They are cheap enough and I'm happy with the tone out of my Orange.
Look at eurotubes.com , go to "shop online" and find a set of matched tubes for your amp.
Dougstubes is very good. Doug's always helpful and he has a wide range of brands, both NOS and new production.

As far as affecting the sound, it depends what your tube change is. The most noticeable change is a change in gain going from say a 12AX7 to a 12AT7, but there's also a slight change in the character of the distortion and the tone, all depends on the circuit it's going in to. Balanced vs. unbalanced phase inverters same thing, depends on the circuit. Hot vs. cold power tubes break up earlier or later, giving a little difference in headroom, and different brands of any tubes sound slightly different, but it all comes down to the individual circuit and preferences of the user.
Last edited by Mike-T93 at May 18, 2010,
Wait; you just picked up the amp earlier today, and you're already looking for a tube change?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
He knocked me £90 off cos the tubes were ready for changing. They sound fine, just looking for future reference
Quote by Rossmillertarn!
He knocked me £90 off cos the tubes were ready for changing. They sound fine, just looking for future reference

Wait, but you said:
Quote by Rossmillertarn!
i think the valves could do with a change

You shouldn't lie...

Anyway, me and my friends get our tubes from TubeAmpDoctor.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
it's hardly a lie, just couldnt be arsed explaining to people who hadn't read my other threads lol
but thanks