I'm trying to save up for several guitar related things this summer, including a new amp. I'm a music major at a small college and I'm involved in the jazz program, so I need a good sounding clean amp to replace my line 6 (gets a decent clean sound but thats it). I'm trying to keep it around $600, but thats variable. I'm thinking about a used roland jc, or some kind of fender.
What would be some other good amps that have good clean headroom as well as a good clean sound? and if I go the fender route what amp should i maybe look into?
if u go fender check out the blues junior. if u increase ur budget a bit more, a hot rod deluxe or blues deluxe.

or a peavey classic 30, vox ac15, laney vc15/30
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
if u go fender check out the blues junior. if u increase ur budget a bit more, a hot rod deluxe or blues deluxe.

or a peavey classic 30, vox ac15, laney vc15/30

couldntve said it any better =D
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
He said clean and the Blues and Hot Rods have increased gains over the standard Fender pre-amps. A lot of Fender amps would be good, I'd recommend extra power than normal for clean headroom though and if you're talking 50W plus that budget would force you into used territory I believe.
The Roland JC120 is a great amp but I don't know about prices.
Traynor have some good inexpensive "Fender"ish amps too. Brand new 40 -50W may be in your range.
Moving on.....
check out polytone amps.they're great for jazz
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
If it's for jazz, I can't recommend the Roland Cube series highly enough. The JC clean channel is modelled after the JC-120, and has great crisp cleans. Perfect for jazz. Polytones get a lot of votes normally, as does the ZT lunchbox. Check out the Phil Jones Cub too, but I don't know about the prices.

The Cube 20 or 30 would be perfect if its just you, maybe the 80 or a used 60 if you'll be playing with others.
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
my budget even though it is around $600, I would be willing to alter it a little considering I want to be able to use this amp for years down the road. And used is definitely an option for me.
is the classic 50 you have is too big or you just don't want it at school?

do you need an amp smaller in size? $600 is a good budget, what is the nearest major city?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
peavey classic 30
have this amp. love it. takes pedals really well too.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah