Has anyone here got any experience using a rack only setup? Im planning on downsizing my board and throwing the remaing few pedals on a rack tray and controlling them as well as my amp and rack effects with a Voodoo Labs GCX and Ground Control Pro.

Pros:
Easier to set up
Easier to control
Neater than normal pedal board setup

Cons:
Won't be able to use my wah or whammy
€€€

Any other pros or cons?
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
I don't have full rack, but i sold all my effects pedals except od's and my wah, and replaced it all with a t.c. electronic g major and so far so good. I love the sound of it. There are less wires to deal with, less battery's, you don't need a pedal board. You can save presets etc. It's much easier, and still sounds great
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Quote by wooftang999
just an additional point i think dunlop or someone make a rack wah system? might wanna check that out if you feel you'd miss it.

They do, kirk hammet uses them, a rack mounted wah, not sure of the price though
My youtube channel

Quote by camaross427
I don't have full rack, but i sold all my effects pedals except od's and my wah, and replaced it all with a t.c. electronic g major and so far so good. I love the sound of it. There are less wires to deal with, less battery's, you don't need a pedal board. You can save presets etc. It's much easier, and still sounds great

+1

I have a gmajor too...but I didn't completely do away with my pedalboard...I still have a wah, TS, muff, etc. on there...in addition to my Behringer FCB1010 to control the gmajor. I find it a lot more versatile...not only in terms of setup/tear down, but in overall sound too.
If no one by you stocks them, you can always use youtube, there are a few guys with good video's of those amps in action
My youtube channel

i had a pedalboard and now ive done exactly the same thing. now i have a g major 2 in a rack which is controlled by a behringer foot controller. in the rack i have an isp decimator just sitting there which is always on. since the g major can switch amp channels, all i have to do is hit a button on the foot controller and i can switch everything in that one tap. it is very convenient and looks a lot neater than my messy board.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by wooftang999
just an additional point i think dunlop or someone make a rack wah system? might wanna check that out if you feel you'd miss it.

Yeah there is a rack mounted crybaby but I cant stand the crybaby sound so its not really an option

Also, can the Whammy IV be controlled remotely? I might upgrade my Whammy II to it if so.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.