Earthshaker who feels no pain!!

Yes you pussies, its time to discuss what is undoubtedly the greatest Manowar album and one of the greatest heavy metal albums ever written. Im talking about Sign of The Hammer of course. Guyana, Sign of The Hammer, Thor, All Men Play on Ten...even already were spoilt for choice! And enough bass noodling to rival Brocas Helm too. Discuss.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Last edited by Stranglehold at Jun 28, 2010,
Thor the MIGHTY! Thor the BRAVE!

CRUSH THE INFIDELS IN YOUR WAY!

BY YOUR HAMMER LET NONE BE SAVED!

LIVE TO DIE ON THE FINAL DAAAY!
Guyanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sweet jesus what an album. Cant believe for a good 3 years all I heard of this band was 'Warriors of The World'. Glad I rectified that! Hail To England is a close second of course.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
One of the best heavy metal albums crafted by man.

Mountains is a brilliant song, as is Animals despite it being entirely different with the rest of the album.
Yeah fact. Plus most of the best heavy metal bands are in part ridiculous, its an inherent part of metal really.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I've only go louder than hell and the song 'metal warriors.'

I shall have to get this one.
Theres definitely a few moments on here that influenced Quorthon for Hammerheart.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
ALL MEN PLAY ON TEN!

Stupidest concept for a song ever? Possibly.

That being said, it's the only Manowar album I have (on vinyl ) but it's damn good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Last edited by eazy-c at May 19, 2010,
Gonna have to actually disagree, Into Glory Ride is easily their masterpiece IMHO. Truly a brilliant album, and anyone who thinks that this band's (80's material) is merely a 'joke' or a parody, is bad at listening to metal.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
'Thank you for the kool-aid.....reverend Jim'

Only Manowar could make that sound great.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I've gone through all the albums deleting the bass solo tracks off my ipod, now i'm tempted to make a cut down version of 'Achilles...' removing the bass and drum solo sections to make a much better song.
Ah man dont tell me you deleted the start of Guyana or sting of the bumblebee!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Nah i've still got the beginning of Guyana on, its a vinyl rip i did of the album so Thunderpick and Guyana are stuck together as one track.

And Sting of the Bumblebee is still there for the novelty value, its better than most his other solo's anyway
Haha yeah fact...and agreed about 'Achilles'. Wet fart of a song.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Manowar rule! This album and Into Glory Ride are my favourites, with Hail to England a close third.

TALL AS A MOUNTAIN!
I have to admit, I've never really even listened to these guys, though I've heard a track or two. I just always assumed they were a total joke, but I guess I oughta fix that and give em a listen. So, Sign of The Hammer is the one that I should check first?
Any of the first 4 are a good starting point man...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Manowar is fucking awesome.

A few nights ago I had a dream that Manowar was playing a private party at some mansion in Boston. For some reason I was invited to the party. It was fancy. The host had a stage attached to their house. Naturally when that happens, you book Manowar.

So anyway, I was like "oh shit Manowar is playing. I have to tell my friends, who are 56 miles away". However, no one came to the show. So Eric Adams and I just hung out and played with toys. We got to talking. I was like, "man when you get on you have to play Brothers of Metal". To which he replied, "you don't get it kid do you? That song's a huge fucking joke." I was like "NOOOOOOO" and I woke up drenched in cold sweat.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
BATTLE HYMNS CALLED AND SAID YOU'RE WRONG

TALKING ABOUT MANOWAR IS MEANT TO BE DISCUSSED AT TEN
i am the moonstar
I shamefully enjoyed Kings of Metal
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

So, the re-recording of Battle Hymns is probably the worst thing Ive ever heard, in my entire life. Also, you can get the autographed pic disk for only $190!!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
^ Why's that?

The chorus in "Thor" is still one of my favorite moments in metal. Ever.
Philosophy > Life
That Battle Hymns re-recording was laughable. Take the original songs and slow them down with worse vocals and call it a new era in metal? Manowar died a long time ago, this walking parody is just embarrassing.
"time to burn/you losers never learn/no one controls our god damn lives//we do just what feel/riding horses made of steel/we're here to burn down the night!!"

Fav manowar song
haters gonna hate
''Manowar will return to England in 2011! March 27, 2011 @ O2 Academy Birmingham''
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Pass.

Anything post Sign of the Hammer is pretty boring to me now, and that Battle Hymns remake was god awful.
I thought this thread was going to be about the kiss song.
:/
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by Stranglehold
''Manowar will return to England in 2011! March 27, 2011 @ O2 Academy Birmingham''

I've heard tickets are apparently £37 though.

I really doubt, in fact, I won't be making the journey down for it.