Hello all! This is my first post on these forums after lurking for a while. I've had my birthday somewhat recently and have been looking for a fairly cheap, good guitar. Right now I have a crappy Aria les paul rip-off guitar, which isn't all that great. I've been looking into Strats and found this one on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster-MIM-mid-90s-/160434509499?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item255aa456bb#ht_500wt_1154

Was just wondering if this would be worth it. I've played Strats before, and have read that ones made in the Mid 90's have pretty good hardware. Any help would be appreciated!
not bad.
unless this is your final choice id look at some guitars at rondomusic.com
but id check if this guy is legit via phonecall etc

Prices range and musicla style?
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
The price range I have is anywhere from $200-250, which is why this one caught my attention. My musical style is more alt/indie. I really like bands like Oasis, Nirvana, Arctic Monkeys.
looks good, it's a real strat, i believe mim strats go for like $700 or something new, so $200-250 is a great deal, even for a 1990's. Guitar's don't go bad with age, they go bad with abuse, as long as it was kept in good enough environments it should be good. It can' t hurt to bid, their is still time left for the price to rise though, i don't think you will get the guitar with a $200-250 dollar bid, but you can try anyway
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Quote by camaross427
looks good, it's a real strat, i believe mim strats go for like $700 or something new, so $200-250 is a great deal, even for a 1990's. Guitar's don't go bad with age, they go bad with abuse, as long as it was kept in good enough environments it should be good. It can' t hurt to bid, their is still time left for the price to rise though, i don't think you will get the guitar with a $200-250 dollar bid, but you can try anyway

Alright, thanks bro

I'll be making the bid shortly
Quote by TheInnovater
Alright, thanks bro

I'll be making the bid shortly

good luck and happy bidding! if you get a real fender strat for the price of a squier i'll be very jealous..and a ngd will be necessary with sexy pics
My youtube channel

Quote by camaross427
good luck and happy bidding! if you get a real fender strat for the price of a squier i'll be very jealous..and a ngd will be necessary with sexy pics

Woo! Won it for $203! With shipping that comes to $233! Pics will be uploaded once I receive
Quote by TheInnovater
Woo! Won it for $203! With shipping that comes to $233! Pics will be uploaded once I receive

Wow! your one lucky dude, you did actually just get a real strat for the price of a squier, awesomness! can't wait for the pics!. damn i wish i had $204 right now i've been gasing for a strat the last few days...actually i want a blonde telecaster, but a white strat would do just fine.

anyway, congrats, hope you enjoy it!
My youtube channel

Get some new tuners and a new nut for that guitar That era of MIM strats have nice guts, but they were cutting corners elsewhere. The factory nuts are awful plastic things (not Tusq, I mean plastic as in Barbie) and the tuners have godawful crap gears that tend to slip a little.
Hope it works out. I wouldn't of risked it as he's got -1 feedback.
*edit* Oh sorry just realized it's an old post and by the looks of it you got burnt sorry man.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Jun 16, 2010,
Im selling a '96 MIM Strat. Looking for $300 but would probably take $250-275 + shiping
includes completely wired pearloid pickguard with gfs pickups and a gig bag as well.
You just gotta watch for deals I bought a brand new MIM a little less than a year ago for $299.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500