Today in class we were having a discussion about forgetting the past and focusing on the future, and if we really have a "destiny", or a plan. I then thought about how every single minor detail in the past has affected the way your life ends up now.

Anything thats happened to me, had it happened differently, I realized what a significant impact it would have had. I might be in a different place, into different things, with different people, I as a person might be different. And I've kind of gotten myself abit paranoid about every decision I've made since then, and how it may seem small now, but could have a huge influence later. And this brings me back to "destiny". It's our choices that we make that put us where we are, thus why we can't have a previously planned life, if we're making decisions on the spot.

I'm not really sure if this makes any sense to anyone, I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but can you think of things that, if they happened differently, might have dramatically changed your life? I just want to see if anybody else might feel the same way.

EDIT: Oh yeah, RIP Dio
Of course I think about it.

If i didn't have a stick on me when I was two years old, I would be a dead.
Quote by CL/\SH
Worthy of a lulslice

I almost picked up turntables instead of guitar. Try that for different
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Is this some kind of new-agey self-help bullcrap class?
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
you need to watch "the butterfly effect" mate.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Nah. It's all planned. We were always going to make the choices we make up on the spot. It's destiny.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
The Butterfly Effect is one of my favourite films of all time If you haven't seen it, watch it. You won't be disappointed.

...Unless you're blind/deaf.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Quote by davrossss

Never noticed that the title was actually The Bu-tterfly effect
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Quote by Demonology

this makes me laugh so hard

but I think every decision makes your life different
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by JY-Rasputin
Never noticed that the title was actually The Bu-tterfly effect

I don't think it is. I think it's just a mark on the poster. I could be wrong, though.

If you were joking, and I'm being stupid, sorry .-.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
I think decisions can change your life, but certain decisions would not affect your "path" as you would end there anywhere.

Example: I was on a dating dry-spell, looking for love and saw every female as a potential gf. I went to a Gary Moore Concert one night with a mate, and he told me he kissed this girl in the summer. I thought of the girl, added her on fb and she's now been my gf for 6 months.

Now I was originally gonna g to the concert with someone else. This person got sick and cancelled. I then called the guy (I went with) and he didn't answer. I then decided to call another guy who didn't answer. I was then reay to go with my mum, when I decided to call the guy one more time, and he agreed to go. Had I not decided to call once more, I would not have talked to him and I would not have added my gf on fb and I would not have met her.

However, I believe that given my situation, I would possibly have ended up with her anyway.
Quote by Mr.Feather

If you were joking, and I'm being stupid, sorry .-.

This
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by Demonology

Thank you you just gave me an idea.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
"Destiny" sounds like someone gave up halfway through trying to say "destination"

Also, determinism and shit.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I explained the same idea to an ex gf of mine who always found it hard that I never really though anything an ex gave me away

I told her, ppl are like scars, every-time you meet someone new (good or bad) they dig a scar into you. It'll eventually heal sooner or later, but the fact of that matter is it'll always be there.

Now to deny what happened before, and after those scars would be to deny who I am. It would be to deny what made me, me, and for one I cannot do that.

That's why I place such an importance on relationships
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Yup, all the little things add up to big changes in the long run, but at the same time I believe that you'll always end up choosing the same path, due to the conditions at the time you make that decision. Determinism.

Although one thing that did get me was picking a university. Having it narrowed down to 5 choices, you essentially have 5 different lives to choose from. Obviously you can't tell what they'll be like, but each of the 5 were in ranging parts of the country, and choosing any over the other would mean a completely different life, knowing completely different people, and hell, even becoming a completely different person.

Thinking about that is a bit weird.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter: