So I'm a guitar player who needs to get a bass (jammin with friends, recording projects, etc.). I know rondo music makes some damn good guitars for the price so I was wondering if their basses were pretty good.

http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4.html

Looking at the ursa 3 range, so the higher end sx's, I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of cash because I'll just be doing some bass work on the side so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. Are they a good buy?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
not sure about the SX basses. they seem to be their cheaper products compared to the incredibly sexy pieces of wood called Brice you can find under the 5 and 6 string tabs.

haven't tried either. but those SX are so cheap I honestly can't believe they are even semi-decent.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Rondo has a fantastic rep around here. Some people say you may need to change out the pups, some disagree, but I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about the Brice's and SX's.

EDIT: The customer service is supposed to be fantastic as well
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Edge-10-Active-Electric-Bass-with-Active-Electronics-?sku=512156

There are some of these used for pretty cheap, which do you guys recommend? Theyre both just a bit above $100 so theyre in my range.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Edge-10-Active-Electric-Bass-with-Active-Electronics-?sku=512156

There are some of these used for pretty cheap, which do you guys recommend? Theyre both just a bit above $100 so theyre in my range.

I do not know a single person on this forum (or off) that will recommend the lower end Deans. Everybody you ask will mention the quality control issues. The only way to be sure it's good is to test it out yourself and since you can't do that your best bet is on the Rondo.
I got a dean playmate (basically an edge), works great. Although do not expect anything more than mediocracy. It is a no frills low end bass. Probably exactly what you are looking for if you are primarily a guitar man and just want to fiddle around with a bass.
US TUBES
I have one of the SX SJB 5 stringers, same thing other than the headstock. It's a solid bass, good wood and sounds really nice for the 130 I spent on it. Overall the electronics are decent as well as the hardware. I had to dowel all of the wholes and redrill to line everything up perfectly but for the money I dont think there is any better out there.
I have been told Rondo basses are pretty nice. I was considering a Brice 6 string, but I am thinking of getting something I can try in the store.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by mrmystic
I have been told Rondo basses are pretty nice. I was considering a Brice 6 string, but I am thinking of getting something I can try in the store.

Kurt is really good with customer service. Chances are, if you don't like the guitar, he'll take it back and refund you.
Rondo's are supposed to be half decent - considering my high school has one for the music department, they wouldn't buy any old hunk of junk .. - but im not so sure about the lower end deans .. best to stay away imho.
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
about ursa 3's the 1 2 and 3 aren't a rating system a 1 is a p bass a 2 is a jazz and a 3 is a p/j
no sir away a papaya war is on