Well, i've been looking at Ibanez guitars for quite a while now, more specifically the S series, and i ran into this guitar
http://www.samash.com/p/S%20Series%20Electric%20Guitar%20wTremolo%20Assorted%20Colors_1048503
Can anyone please give any thoughts about this guitar? i play a metal style (i'm a big Metallica fan) I need a guitar since my guitar, a Silvertone Rockit 21, has so many problems its not even funny

I need to know specifically:
-Does it fit metal?
-Is there a lot of pickup noise?
-Are the strap buttons reliable at all?
-How well does the ZR stay in tune?

All the basic questions a person asks when they're getting a new guitar soon
Quote by SilverRock113
Well, i've been looking at Ibanez guitars for quite a while now, more specifically the S series, and i ran into this guitar
http://www.samash.com/p/S%20Series%20Electric%20Guitar%20wTremolo%20Assorted%20Colors_1048503
Can anyone please give any thoughts about this guitar? i play a metal style (i'm a big Metallica fan) I need a guitar since my guitar, a Silvertone Rockit 21, has so many problems its not even funny

I need to know specifically:
-Does it fit metal?
-Is there a lot of pickup noise?
-Are the strap buttons reliable at all?
-How well does the ZR stay in tune?

All the basic questions a person asks when they're getting a new guitar soon

1 - Yes, very well.
2 - No, they are humbuckers and they are good for stock ones
3 - Never had any trouble with mine but strap locks should be mandotory.
4 - Yeah it is bloody amazing.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
1 - Yes, very well.
2 - No, they are humbuckers and they are good for stock ones
3 - Never had any trouble with mine but strap locks should be mandotory.
4 - Yeah it is bloody amazing.

damn thanks man!
I have the 520EX model. Designed for metal. No pickup noise that ive noticed. Strap buttons are solid as a rock. My only problem keeping it in tune is all the people that want to play it in different tuning. I have to beat people to keep them away from playing it. Ive had it dropped, knocked over, smacked against stuff... a broke the piece that you screw the bar into though. That wasnt my fault though, the guy at the shop gave me the wrong one. They replaced it though.
I'm usually not a huge fan of Ibanez guitars but man, that black one is sexy!
Preference really. I like the infinity pickups... I almost bought another one with EMGs in it though... I just like the feel and light weight of the guitar.
Quote by SilverRock113
i have one more question, should i keep the stock pickups or switch to active EMGs?

see what you think of the stock pups when you get it.

go from there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have this guitar in the quilted trans black finish.

I friggen love it....Once I got it tuned up and the strings stretch everything was gravy.

Hasn't gone the slightest bit out of tune since.
My Gear-
2010 Ibanez S570DXQM 24-fretter
MIM Fender Standard Strat HSS Sierra Sunburst

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
You can take out springs to make it a floating. I havent tried it with mine yet.
only thing id be worried about is the strap buttons, my ibanez always falls outta my strap (not the only reason, straps very old) but fortunatly im holding the neck whenever it happens
Eh.