I just purchased a Stratocaster project body, and it has a tremolo cavity. I planned on taking parts from my other electric guitar and using them in this new guitar body (neck, bridge, pickups, pots).

So I'm wondering if it would be okay to install my hardtail bridge in this tremolo bridge guitar? Would it negatively affect the guitar and its sound? Or would the hollow area in the guitar add to the tone? I just don't want to start drilling new holes for a hardtail bridge and end up ruining the entire thing because it didn't work like I thought it would.
tremol-no

its a little device you install with the tension springs and it locks out the tremolo
But what I meant is there's no tremolo in the guitar, it's just the wood body itself that I purchased. That's why I wanted to know if I can use my hardtail bridge in it or if I have to buy the bridge that's originally designed for the guitar.
Quote by KPhoenix
But what I meant is there's no tremolo in the guitar, it's just the wood body itself that I purchased. That's why I wanted to know if I can use my hardtail bridge in it or if I have to buy the bridge that's originally designed for the guitar.

oh
http://www.tremking.com/vid.html

this is a fixed bridge AND a tremolo unit
i think he just wants to install his bridge so he doesn't have to buy one. you could fill the whole with a block of wood.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
No you cant just screw a fixed bridge down in place of a trem. The screws go right where the gaping hole is and being a string thru there isnt any wood to mount the ferrules to. Best bet is find a trem and block it.
MF used to sell this bridge for exactly this purpose.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Custom-Shop-Parts-Hot-Rod-Drop-Top-Convertible-Bridge?sku=361537

Custom Shop Parts went out of business though. I'm not sure where else you can find something like this, but they do exist. Good Luck.
[thread="1285220"]First Build - Zebrawood Tele[/thread]
[thread="1288529"]Second Build[/thread]
[thread="1334385"]Curbside Build[/thread]