I've been trying to perfect Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria, and still cant get the hang of pinch harmonics. I can get the harmonic sometimes, but when i do, i cant recover and hit the notes that follow. Its like i dont have enough of the pick sticking out to properly hit the string. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Zach
Last edited by Sllash at May 18, 2010,
as far as hitting them more often...move your attack point with the pick up and down the string to find the sweet spot.

For recovering...it just takes practice, maybe try hitting the harmonic with a different finger.
It just takes practise and time. I was playing a bit after practising and it just kinda came to me.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
To be fair, the harmoincs on that song are on the high E iirc. Not an easy one to hit for a someone not used to them. I suggest testing your technique on the thicker strings first.
I've found that if I turn the pick a bit in my grip that I can get pinch harmonics to ring out easier without disrupting notes I don't want to pinch.
I end up attacking the string with the pick like a shovel rather than strumming.

I know that doesn't make sense, but if you try it, it might.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H