Weird title that will make you view the thread and then leave after the third word

I used to post here and there a while back- maybe some of you UGers remember me- but my life went through some major changes the past year and a half and somehow I came out the other end a Marine. It's funny how things work out, in such a... strange and unusually ironic way...

Anyway, moral of the story is don't join the military because I haven't seen my guitar in months
So on another note, How is life, guys? I just felt like creating a thread to say hi to everyone, shoot the shit with a few dudes on the internets, and have some nice convo's goin on. Do feel free to chat. Barracks life can be a life of much loneliness
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Fucking jarhead.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
how's it going amigo. just got home from work an hour ago. sitting back having some lemonade. life's good. cheers
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
You should have thought about that BEFORE you signed those papers.

Anyways,
Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.

_____

Quote by GogglesVK
...You fucking genius.
Quote by Jackal58
Fucking jarhead.

Seriously though, what gives? He just wanted to say hi.

Anyways, welcome back Ostin.
So did anybody else read the title as "Weird title that will make you view the thread and then leave after the third world"?

Cuz I did...
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Honestly? You should have made the third word something more interesting than "to." Like... "Poptart." Or "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis." That would have kept my interest.

OT, go read some poetry by Taylor Mali, or watch his slam readings on youtube. They're quite powerful and funny. I think they'd cheer you up a bit.

Alternately, watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E4wL2JiuJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w

As for how's life? It's not too bad, man. Had to deal with my dick landlord this morning right before taking an Anthro final, so that sucked, but otherwise, life's pretty good.

Hope you're staying safe, dude. I don't support the military, but I support those brave and strong enough to do it. So stay out of trouble, my friend
Yo.

Kudos on becoming a marine. They ain't got nothin' on the SAS though. XD
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Quote by shmikeyboy
MARPAT>UCP

thats a boy. oh yeah.
Quote by Pillo114
In all seriousness though, man up. What do you want us to do? Sue them for hurting your heavy feelings?
ahh! so many people to say hi too!! alright, one at a time here...

Quote by Jackal58
Fucking jarhead.

Cool.

Quote by halo43

.....As for how's life? It's not too bad, man. Had to deal with my dick landlord this morning right before taking an Anthro final, so that sucked, but otherwise, life's pretty good.

Hope you're staying safe, dude. I don't support the military, but I support those brave and strong enough to do it. So stay out of trouble, my friend

Thanks bro. I appreciate it. It's understandable not to support the military if you don't support your country's agenda. Its another thing to support those who are in the military though, which is where I thank you because not too many have the intelligence to make such a distinction.

Here's a secret though... shhh.... what our leaders choose for us (the military) to do, is not really any of my concern because a. nobody gives a crap about my opinion and b. we just don't really care what they decide, its not why we joined (well, i can only speak for the other grunts in my platoon).
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.

Quote by I_Pwn

Alright man, is it true they put chemicals in the food so you can't get a hard-on? I knew a guy who was in the US Navy and he told me this.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Headcrusher!
Yo.

Kudos on becoming a marine. They ain't got nothin' on the SAS though. XD

I agree, but you have to argue that the SAS is a special forces branch of the british military while marines are just america's sort of quick reaction force of expendable dummies who can shoot stuff when things get tight.
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by RealStealGuitar
thats a boy. oh yeah.

lol what?
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by JayT44
Alright man, is it true they put chemicals in the food so you can't get a hard-on? I knew a guy who was in the US Navy and he told me this.

No, they don't although in boot camp that was one of the main rumors floating around the recruit underground. To be honest, I rarely got boners. Unless we were in class and I had to stay awake, i would think about beautiful plump tender breasts... and then i got a boner... but i never whacked it... it sucked
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by GRiMM94

Seriously though, what gives? He just wanted to say hi.

Anyways, welcome back Ostin.

That's how the Army always greats Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Hi Ostin. I'll be nice now.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ostin
I agree, but you have to argue that the SAS is a special forces branch of the british military while marines are just america's sort of quick reaction force of expendable dummies who can shoot stuff when things get tight.

Lets hope that's not the case when (or) if you are deployed my man!
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Quote by RealStealGuitar
thats a boy. oh yeah.

Hey you, that's my avatar!

OT: Welcome back Ostin, any stories you would like to share?
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by -Mantra-
How did you end up in a military anyway?
Lifes not exactly so beautyful as I'd like it to be at the moment with all the exams n' shit.

Anyway, wish you all the best in the military and here is a video of Steven Seagal singing and playing guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qw5bKTBQE4

Well uh, i was on my way to college and I decided I wanted something a little different, perhaps an adventure to call my life...

whenever thinking about my future, going to school and choosing a career (which to me- at the time- meant that you had limited your options to realistic goals and forsook infinite possibilities one can find in this life) and getting married and settling... just never really felt like the right decision for me.
My senior year in high school I became so depressed with this understanding of how a capitalistic society affects our long term goals (such as having money, being financially secure, feeling content with the property and materials that own you). The only way out of everyone else's shell, it seemed, was to just forget about any security for my future, forget about settling and being happy for a while, forget about niceties such as comfort, and just try to experience all aspects of life for what they are, without worrying about your house payments or the stability of your job or the newest whatever that you have to buy to feel content in today's modern world.

Right now, I'm expecting to go through the experience of war. I enlisted in the Marine Corps Infantry because I wanted a challenge (and lemme tell you... every day is a challenge) and I want to say i have successfully seen combat in my lifetime. After my time in the service, I plan on moving out of the country and living in Central America with my family who live in Honduras, and just traveling south till i reach the tip of argentina. Once I get there, We will just have to see...

Thats my bio.... hey man, you asked lol.
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by Jackal58
That's how the Army always greats Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Hi Ostin. I'll be nice now.

haha i will never understand the little fights between the army and the marines... I don't say anything about either sides, my identical twin brother is a combat engineer in the army. I have yet to see any proof of who is better at what, and until then I remain neutral in that never ending fight

Whats your MOS bud?
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Hey you, that's my avatar!

OT: Welcome back Ostin, any stories you would like to share?

Well, I got some cool stories I suppose, nothing particular comes to mind though... any topics you wanna hear about?
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by Ostin
haha i will never understand the little fights between the army and the marines... I don't say anything about either sides, my identical twin brother is a combat engineer in the army. I have yet to see any proof of who is better at what, and until then I remain neutral in that never ending fight

Whats your MOS bud?

Current MOS is Private Fucking Civilian. Used to be an Infantryman. Did 10 and out. Was tired of getting perforated.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Sweet man..much respect for any soldier, even more so if they lurk the pit

Whats your toughest challenge been so far?

I was looking to join the Royal Navy but im really not to sure about it =/
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by Ostin
Well, I got some cool stories I suppose, nothing particular comes to mind though... any topics you wanna hear about?

Female marines. Is it true they have dicks too?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
just enjoying the beautiful weather in TORONTO! 59 degrees mofo!

hows the desert?
Quote by Chris3235
Sweet man..much respect for any soldier, even more so if they lurk the pit

Whats your toughest challenge been so far?

I was looking to join the Royal Navy but im really not to sure about it =/

My toughest challenge so far was this thingy called 'the crucible.' it's a 54 hour challenge we must endure before we earn the title Marine where you don't get any sleep and only a limited supply of food. It was so cold those two nights out there... I can't even describe it, and we weren't allowed to wear enough warming layers... i was probably the most miserable i've ever been in my entire life, holding onto this freezing cold rifle everywhere you go, not being able to feel your fingers or feet for hours. I can't even tell you how many times I thought about just saying **** it. i quit. i'm going home.
ya, that was probably the toughest thing yet, at least mentally for me.

i don't really give advice about joining one's military because i know its such a personal life choice only you can really make it. everyone's take of the military is different. some jobs such, some jobs are awesome... like my job, sometimes I hate my job, but i love HAVING my job, if you know what i mean... its a love hate relationship
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by Jackal58
Female marines. Is it true they have dicks too?

YES. most of them have dicks, but once in a while you will see a hot one... i don't ever see females because i'm stuck in grunt land
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by xorg3
just enjoying the beautiful weather in TORONTO! 59 degrees mofo!

hows the desert?

i'm not in the desert just yet, and i don't think i will be going to any deserts. My unit deploys in january to afghanistan, the mountainous region is the word so far. gets kinda chilly actually.
the

Quote by I_Pwn

Quote by Ostin
YES. most of them have dicks, but once in a while you will see a hot one... i don't ever see females because i'm stuck in grunt land

Gruntland isn't a bad place to be stuck. The bs is honest and it's the only place you'll ever be where your buds really give 2 shits about you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ostin
i'm not in the desert just yet, and i don't think i will be going to any deserts. My unit deploys in january to afghanistan, the mountainous region is the word so far. gets kinda chilly actually.

well
uh
SHUTUP!
I don't recognise you so you obviously enlisted before I became active on the forum (I signed up but didn't use my account for ages, hence the 07 register date) but fair play to you sir. Military life is sure a hell not something I could ever forsee myself being able to hack. I know a few folks in the armed forces and it definately takes a certain type of character. Best of luck to you in your future as a Marine.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Ostin

How hard (mentally and physically) is the training?

Also, you have much better grammar than most of the Marines I've seen on the internet.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Ostin
No, they don't although in boot camp that was one of the main rumors floating around the recruit underground. To be honest, I rarely got boners. Unless we were in class and I had to stay awake, i would think about beautiful plump tender breasts... and then i got a boner... but i never whacked it... it sucked

But then one night, you and your friend were alone cleaning up the kitchen together, and one thing led to another....

Sorry man, Im really bored right now.

Edit:
Quote by Ostin
My toughest challenge so far was this thingy called 'the crucible.' it's a 54 hour challenge we must endure before we earn the title Marine where you don't get any sleep and only a limited supply of food. It was so cold those two nights out there... I can't even describe it, and we weren't allowed to wear enough warming layers... i was probably the most miserable i've ever been in my entire life, holding onto this freezing cold rifle everywhere you go, not being able to feel your fingers or feet for hours. I can't even tell you how many times I thought about just saying **** it. i quit. i'm going home.
ya, that was probably the toughest thing yet, at least mentally for me.

Maybe I was right.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at May 18, 2010,