i was extremely bored during school today, so i thought id look at guitars i want, the two that stood out to me most were the ESP/LTD EC-1000, and the Gibson Explorer

i read alot of reviews, and i read some really unpleasnt ones

EC-1000: When I took it out of the box, really a beautiful guitar. Checked it out and plugged it in. Sound was decent. Then it happened. I took a look down the fretboard from the pickup end and noticed that the frets are coated with some kind of a chrome material. It was peeling off on several of the higher frets. So within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box, I was putting it back in to send back. Very Disappointed.. Think I'll stay with USA! I have an SG Standard on the way!! If you get this check the quality close!! For the price it should be way better. (thats from musician's friend)

and with the Gibson, ive been reading around that they arent as good as they were and that it just plays horribly compared to recent Explorers, so im wondering what is the deal with both?

Thanks for the help!
Zach
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
i've never heard of anything like this.

but I would suggest to not order a guitar online

goto a shop and play the guitar before you buy it instead of waiting for a surprise in the mail.

The ltd EC's are really good guitars. Don't let 1 bad review turn you off.
An explorer would be cool to, play both and see how they feel

Get one!

damn sexy guitar =D
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Explorer ftw!! i would totally bone that guitar. seriously.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause