Hello,

I have ESP LTD F-50 guitar which is looking for new pickups.

I'm not an expert in guitar parts, however i really want to make it sound better.
I was hoping to get some advices.

Thank you,
Alex.
What amp are you using?
What music do you play?
What exactly are your old pickups lacking/What exactly do you want to improve about your tone?
Quote by TheQuailman
What amp are you using?
What music do you play?
What exactly are your old pickups lacking/What exactly do you want to improve about your tone?

Marshall MG15

Mostly Rock&roll / Metal

I like the sound of my pickups actually. thing is, when i need some high gain levels they don't sound clear and i get alot of background noise.

I'm looking to get some good distortion(warm and clear) even when using high gain levels. and minimum background noise.

Hope i answered the questions.

Thank you.
well that crap amp is gonna sound like ass with any pickups, i would suggest you buy a new amp first
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by VeilSide
Marshall MG15

Mostly Rock&roll / Metal

I like the sound of my pickups actually. thing is, when i need some high gain levels they don't sound clear and i get alot of background noise.

I'm looking to get some good distortion(warm and clear) even when using high gain levels. and minimum background noise.

Hope i answered the questions.

Thank you.

Your problem is that your amp is sub-par. There isn't much of a point in buying new pickups as long as you're playing through an MG. The increase in sound quality would be minimal. The only reasonable thing you can do for now is keep using what you have and saving up for a new amp. Take whatever cash you put on the side for new pups and turn it into an amp fund.

We can recommend amps if you give us a budget to work with and tell us where you're located.
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 18, 2010,
If I had a dollar for every one of these threads.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.