So a few days ago I bought a new EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost at Guitar Center. With its excellent ratings on the internet and knobs for equalizing settings I tought that this pedal might work on a brutal Thrash Metal tone. But after trying it out the last days I got very disappointed, i do get lots of distortion but the guitar sounds muffled or something or very bassy, I adjusted the knobs raised the highs and decreased the lows but I still got like a muffled trebly sound. So my question for anyone here who has played or owns this pedal is:

Can I get a cool old school Thrash metal sound like Slayer, Metallica, Kreator ,etc. and can you plz tell me the setting you use....

Please answer cause that way I decide if I sell it (which would suck cause its only 2 days old but w/e) or if i keep it.

Thanks for your help...
what amp do u have? it was like an instant metallica pedal for me. i used b/8, m/3, t/7, gain/5-6.

it doesnt sound like u like it much, did u try it first at GC?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
what amp do u have? it was like an instant metallica pedal for me. i used b/8, m/3, t/7, gain/5-6.

it doesnt sound like u like it much, did u try it first at GC?

I made a big mistake cause i didnt try it first, but I really trusted the pedal befor because of the good feedback it received on lots of webpages.

I have a Jackson King V KVX10 with the duncan designed pickups it came with. My amp is a 15 watt Squier Sidekick (yea lol im saving for a half-stack right now) but it has treble and bass control along with the master volume.
is the battery low?
EDIT: well there is your problem. squier amp? sell that pedal and get a vypyr.
Last edited by loudog93 at May 18, 2010,