Can you use it indefinitely without buying the license? I see people saying that Reaper is free, but it sounds like you have to buy a license after the trial is up. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
After 30 days you have to watch a splash screen for 5 seconds, but it's essentially free. The program stays fully usable.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
It stays completely 100% usable after the 30 day trail but it will ask you to buy a license, but you just click the "Still Evaluating" button and it skips out of it. So technically yes free forever however a lot of people buy a license to support those that made it and its cheap 60 bucks for a fully capable DAW.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Its totally worth the $60!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
Its totally worth the $60!

Most Definitely - I think it's worth a hellofa lot more too compared to what I spent on Sonar Producer 8.5. I use Reaper 90% of the time now and YES - I BOUGHT ME A LICENSE! Heck - I spent $500 on Logic Studio 9 for my Mac and I use my Windows 7 laptop almost all of the time (with Reaper) - it RAWKS!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at May 19, 2010,
Quote by moody07747
You still use Reaper over Sonar 8.5 Pro.??!!?

IDK how you do that one, I own both but always go back to Sonar...just so many more features and easier to use...

Different Strokes i suppose,

I personally can't fathom how anyone puts up with Sonar, and I'm pretty in-different to Reaper
There isn't one single program better for a home recording artist than Reaper in my opinion. I moved from Cubase to Reaper and found that, next to the whopping 4mb size, it's just so much easier to use. The layout is far, far better too. And it's only $60.

Just get a license when you get the money for it.
I find reaper is faster when I just wanna practice my guitar - I really just practice most of the time with sims, effects, etc., and only record on rare occasions. I also LOVE the Themes feature. Wish Sonar had em...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
Most Definitely - I think it's worth a hellofa lot more too compared to what I spent on Sonar Producer 8.5. I use Reaper 90% of the time now and YES - I BOUGHT ME A LICENSE! Heck - I spent $500 on Logic Studio 9 for my Mac and I use my Windows 7 laptop almost all of the time (with Reaper) - it RAWKS!

SAME! Ive been using Sonar 8.0 producer since June 2009 and when i tried Reaper a couple of weeks ago, i started using ONLY Reaper and i totally fell in love with it!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET