I'm looking for a decent amp for well, what the title suggests. I'm looking for one that is good live . I was thinking about looking at Marshalls and Peavy's. I got a peavy classic amp 50 watts, a Line-6 Ubermetal distortion pedal, and the new Memory-boy deluxe analog Delay. I want to spend between $600-$800 to start but, I will spend what I more if I have too. Any opinions, links, or help would be greatly appreciated.
Sell the Classic 50 and use that to contribute to your budget.

Check out the 6505, 5150s, Mesa Rectifiers and DC series, Mesa Mark III and IV, Peavey Ultra Plus, Peavey XXX, maybe the ENGL Fireball or Blackmore too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Peavey 6505 series is a standard for those genres. Peavey is releasing a new model, the 6534+ that is loaded with EL34 tubes. It might be worth waiting until you can try one of those out. I am not sure when they will be available, though. I have yet to see one. Peavey also makes the JSX, which is a very nice amplifier with a lot of versatility.

You say that you are willing to spend more, and how much more would determine what is available to you. There are a lot of very good high-gain amplifiers out there. Carvin's V3 in one. If you are looking for murderous gain and fantastic tone, I suggest that you look at Diamond's Nitrox. It isn't cheap, but it is well worth it. The Bugera amplifiers are clones of the Peavey amps; the 6262 and the 333XL would suit you well.

For Marshall, look at the DSL. It costs less than the JVM series and has plenty of gain and tone. Blackstar just came out with the Venue series in several shapes and sizes, and their Series One amps (also not cheap) have received great reviews.

It all depends on how much you are willing and able to shell out.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I say I can shell out like $900 at the most I'm really not in the financial position to do more than $800. I can make sacrifices though. Probably gunna go for Marshall though, since its a little cheaper.
Since you are looking for a modern tone (judging by your genres listed), you might want to look at the new Marshall MA100C 2x12 combo. A number of people on this forum seem to dislike it, but I played the MA100 head and it sounded good to me. Give it a shot and see what you think. It is right about at the top of your budget, but you may be able to get a deal on one.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
For black metal you just literally need an amp. Take any random amp and jack the treble up and BAM! Black Metal.
When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show.
When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

-The Great George Carlin
Nitrox is expensive as **** dude. At least in Canada.

Maybe see if you can snag a used Fireball. Those things scream black metal. A used 5150 would probably do it as well.
Quote by wagonmancer
For black metal you just literally need an amp. Take any random amp and jack the treble up and BAM! Black Metal.

I don't think the Epiphone Valve Junior is exactly necro enough for black metal.

But yeah that's true, black metal doesn't exactly require high quality tones. In fact, the quintissential black metal amp is the Peavey Bandit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I don't think the Epiphone Valve Junior is exactly necro enough for black metal.

But yeah that's true, black metal doesn't exactly require high quality tones. In fact, the quintissential black metal amp is the Peavey Bandit.

Point being tone isn't very important to the black metal genre in general. To some bands i suppose but generally not.
When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show.
When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

-The Great George Carlin
i used to have a JCM900 which was pretty good for that sort of stuff.
whatever you get though, just paint it black and it'll look the part haha
Quote by Raijouta
Sell the Classic 50 and use that to contribute to your budget.

Check out the 6505, 5150s, Mesa Rectifiers and DC series, Mesa Mark III and IV, Peavey Ultra Plus, Peavey XXX, maybe the ENGL Fireball or Blackmore too.

+1

Quote by Zer0t0lerance
I say I can shell out like $900 at the most I'm really not in the financial position to do more than $800. I can make sacrifices though. Probably gunna go for Marshall though, since its a little cheaper.

I picked my current setup for $800 used. Peavey XXX + Mesa oversized 412. Tons of good used gear out there if you look hard enough.