Ever have a moment where you plug into an amp, try a new effects pedal or even completely overhaul your rig, and when you start playing you just can't stop smiling? Share those moments here!

Today I played through an original 1966 Fender Bassman through it's original cab. The tone was incredible, I loved it. If it wasn't so much money ($1200) I would have bought it right then.
Cool story, bro.

But no, seriously. The first time I got to play through a Marshall JCM 900. Pure bliss. Next time I went back to Daddy's it was gone, too.. Of course I'll probably never get to own one and I've accepted that. but it just felt so amazing to play through.
I know it's probably pretty stupid, but the first time I played through my Hardwire Metal Distortion, I couldn't help but crack a smile
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Cool story, bro.

But no, seriously. The first time I got to play through a Marshall JCM 900. Pure bliss. Next time I went back to Daddy's it was gone, too.. Of course I'll probably never get to own one and I've accepted that. but it just felt so amazing to play through.

Fear not! They're fairly cheap on the used market.

Mine?
Tele -> OD -> Rockerverb/Little Rock =
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

TBH when my Flextone arrived I spent about 10 hours straight on the Les Paul.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
inb4 - first time i plugged into a MG .. i was like OHH MYY ****KING GOD...

now thats has been done with, ( and doesn't need to be redone)..

the first time i started running both my Bugera 6262 and Peavey XXX in stereo ... that made a godly sound ... i played as loud as i could, then got moaned at cuz my stepdad was "ill"..... ****ing party pooper
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
First time I plugged in my EQ into my VK's effects loop. Delicious.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
when i plugged into my knucklehead for the first time and was just blown away by the huge amount of gain and great tone. had the biggest grin for about two weeks whenever i seen it
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
sophomore year when i went to guitar center and picked out an epi sg special and a marshall mg. and thus began my affair with the guitar. at the time, i just though, "holy shit. now i can do what my favorite bands do!" i played nonstop (or tried to, at least) through the night, and only stopped to go to school.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by bubb_tubbs
TBH when my Flextone arrived I spent about 10 hours straight on the Les Paul.

i know that feeling

When i got my fantom x8. my fingers where all tired, but i didnt care i spent 15 hours on that thing
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I still get this grin every time i turn my wizard on

and it makes me happy when ever my eyes just glance on it.

also with my old HRD i had a massive grin moment when i got my first decent OD pedal and turned it on and it was instant AC/DC tone
Quote by Oldmonkeys
I still get this grin every time i turn my wizard on

and it makes me happy when ever my eyes just glance on it.

also with my old HRD i had a massive grin moment when i got my first decent OD pedal and turned it on and it was instant AC/DC tone

so im not the only one who lusts after his own gear
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Having one right now...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1313098&page=3

First Pedalboard, new today...
Maz 18 Jr. is still just days old...
Really seeing what this thing can do for the first time...

I simply love it.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at May 19, 2010,
I will soon get that feeling.
I'm selling all my gear, going for a huge overhaul.
When I plug in my new SG into my new Blackstar HT Studio 20 with a new MXR 10-Band EQ...well I'll be one happy motherfucker.

Only a few months.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!