Where is the best place to put this? My simple 12 bars is I-IV-I-I-IV-IV-I-I-V-IV-I-V. I am playing it as the movable shape,
-X
-X

thanks
Quote by fret-less
play it, and you'll bust a bavarian in you pants.
using it as the V chord makes the most sense because its a dominant 7th chord plus another interval. i like to put it in as the last V
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
I would it as the V chord, in front of the actual 12 blues progression as a lead into the I chord of the progression. It sounds pretty unstable (but blusey), so it makes a great intro chord.

In the key of A, I would strum E7#9 a lot in the an extra bar before actually playing the A chord beginning the progression.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Well there's the obvious choice, using it as a dominant, since it has that dominant seventh in it.

Apart from that, you can use it as a tonic (as in Purple Haze), a predominant (I guess it can work as either a II or a IV).

Just try some stuff out, and see what you like.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by eldave
Where is the best place to put this? My simple 12 bars is I-IV-I-I-IV-IV-I-I-V-IV-I-V. I am playing it as the movable shape,
-X
-X

thanks

this chord opens up many possible variations.. played as intended as B7#9 .. but could be a F13b5...

also..the same fingering on the first four strings produce a nice sounding 7th chord...

play well

wolf
Oh I love this chord. I like to slide it up to the 7th fret E and just vamp the low string E over it.

E|----------------------------
B|----8----8---8-------8--8-
G|----7----7---7----7--7--7-
D|----6----6--------6--6--6-
A|----7-----7-----7-7--7--7-
E|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

lol idk what that was but it's fun. It's a pretty good window between major and minor phrasing.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Last edited by hockeyplayer168 at May 19, 2010,