I turned my Valveking on Standby the other day before I was about to turn it off. I forgot to turn the power off and I was gone probably around 2 hours. Is this a bad thing?
It isn't recommended that's for sure, but it won't seriously damage anything after one time.
If it was on standby, nothing bad happened. The tube warming circuit was just on. Especially for only 2 hours, you got nothing to worry about. There was a guy a while back who left it on standby for a few weeks and we all agreed that it wasn't a problem.

EDIT: ^ man, people play their amp for longer than 2 hours at a time, and that actually wears down tube life. Leaving it on standby for a few hours isn't gonna hurt anything, even if you do it every day for the rest of your life.
Last edited by josephde at May 18, 2010,
people often talk about something called cathode poisoning, but it happens so infrequently that I don't think anyone actually know if it actually happens.
I accidently leave my valveking on standby all the time, sometimes for days. It still works fine.
Quote by Zero Substance
Totally not a problem. You may have run yr electric bill up a little but the amp should be fine.

I'm sure he won't miss the 1.5 cents it could have cost

Yeah, it wouldn't have harmed the amp at all. Just means the tubes have 2 hours less life to them (pretty insignificant.)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I've done alot worse with my VK, OP, and it keeps on chuggin'.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The only thing left on was the heaters. Turning them on and off does more damage than leaving them on (unless you leave them on for a week or something silly like that)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification