OK, I need advise on how to connect the following devices so I don't blow anything up. Do I use the R--L outs or do I use the headphone out?

Here's the connections on the MFX:

And Here's the connections on the 250 watt, 5:1 surround reciever.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90192&stc=1
Attachments:
reciever.jpg
Last edited by framptonville at May 19, 2010,
Why is this a bad idea?

I notice on page 8 of the owners manual for the Vox Tonelab ST that you can use the headphone jack to connect to a stereo reciever.

However, the Tonelab doesn't have an R--L out connection (like the Boss unit does), only a headphone out.
Uhh.. just use the 'L' (although they're almost the same. There might be a difference of impedance or something.) I'm sure your receiver can do stereo, try hooking both left and right up, it'll sound much more majestic.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by enselmis\
And pic 2 doesn't work.

I'm Sorry,
How about now?
Last edited by framptonville at May 19, 2010,
Just get 2 - 1/4" to RCA adapters, a stereo RCA cable, and hook it up to the CD input. However the output level will need to be raised as an amp input uses a a lower level signal than the CD input. Also that unit doesn't have cab sims or speaker compensation (pretty much the same thing). So you may be better off getting a 1/4" to 1/8" headphone adapter and the standard 1/8" to RCA cable then hooking up to your CD input.
Any possibilty of damage to the mfx unit? I'm really not that concerned with the surround receiver, but I don't want to fry the mfx.
Cool! Check this out------right in the Sony owners manual:

"If you want to use the receiver as an amplifier, complete the following connections."
Quote by framptonville
Any possibilty of damage to the mfx unit? I'm really not that concerned with the surround receiver, but I don't want to fry the mfx.
no worries damage.
Quote by framptonville
OK, I need advise on how to connect the following devices so I don't blow anything up. Do I use the R--L outs or do I use the headphone out?

Here's the connections on the MFX:

And Here's the connections on the 250 watt, 5:1 surround reciever.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90192&stc=1

Cool, you've got an ME-25.

Since you're connecting to a mixer, you should use the headphones out with converter that could split your data into the required 2 path.

The R/L mono is only for guitar amp input.

L Mono default for guitar amp, use the other one for another guitar amp.

But remember, anytime the headphones jack are plugged in, the MFX will turn on it's cab modeling which would affect not just headphones out, but the R/L Mono as well.
And btw, you should be using the CD-IN input of the mixer from the headphones out of your MFX if I am not wrong.

Or the L/R output, with something plugged into the headphones out if you wanna turn on guitar amp/cabinet modeling.
Last edited by sfx at May 20, 2010,