on speeches.

For my last speech of my Freshman speech class, I've chosen giving speeches as my topics, because, frankly, I ran out of topics that I can use for this class.

The introduction and conclusion have to be turned in tomorrow, typed up or written out. I've already got the introduction, but there are specific rules you have to follow for these speeches, and one of them is what the conclusion has to contain. One of the two things is the "action step", which I can write myself. However, the second is what she has referred to all semester as "the clincher". It has to fall into one of the provided categories. All I remember of these categories is "reference to intro", which my intro wouldn't work for, "quotation" or "fact or statistic". Does anybody know of any quotes or stats that would help me here?

Edit: Asked somebody; the last category is "question", which she doesn't like, because she says nobody does it right, and she hasn't really elaborated on how it should be done.

Re-edit: Apparently, we're not supposed to use the fact or statistic.....
Last edited by herby190 at May 18, 2010,
100 percent of the speeches given by my peers in this classroom were mandatory.

There you have it, a true statistic regarding speeches. Golly, I'm brilliant.
Quote by RU Experienced?
100 percent of the speeches given by my peers in this classroom were mandatory.

There you have it, a true statistic regarding speeches. Golly, I'm brilliant.
I posted the thing asking for what other category our "clincher" could fall under, and while one person told me that it could be a question, another informed me that you aren't supposed to use a fact or statistic.... I think they're right, because that sounds familiar to me....
Quote by herby190
I posted the thing asking for what other category our "clincher" could fall under, and while one person told me that it could be a question, another informed me that you aren't supposed to use a fact or statistic.... I think they're right, because that sounds familiar to me....

You asked for statistics in the original post though

Quote by herby190
All I remember of these categories is "reference to intro", which my intro wouldn't work for, "quotation" or "fact or statistic".

Quote by RU Experienced?
You asked for statistics in the original post though
I got that response after writing the OP. I should probably update that.....
Motorbreath
Its How I Live My Life
I Cont Take It Any Other Way
Motorbreath
The Sign Of Living Fast
Its Gonna Take
Your Breath Away
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
"There are two things that are more difficult than making an after-dinner speech: climbing a wall which is leaning toward you and kissing a girl who is leaning away from you."

— Winston Churchill

"Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening."

— Dorothy Sarnoff

"Public speaking is the art of diluting a two-minute idea with a two-hour vocabulary."

— Evan Esar

"The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.

— George Jessel

Google ftw, take your pick.
Quote by RU Experienced?
"There are two things that are more difficult than making an after-dinner speech: climbing a wall which is leaning toward you and kissing a girl who is leaning away from you."

— Winston Churchill

"Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening."

— Dorothy Sarnoff

"Public speaking is the art of diluting a two-minute idea with a two-hour vocabulary."

— Evan Esar

"The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.

— George Jessel

Google ftw, take your pick.
I'm picking between the second and fourth; those were actually all pretty good choices. Thanks man!
Quote by herby190
I'm picking between the second and fourth; those were actually all pretty good choices. Thanks man!

There was a Mark Twain one too, but I forgot to copy and paste it. From memory:

"It takes me a good three weeks to write an impromptu speech."

Good luck on your speech home boy.
I didn't have time to read the details of your post, but I should be able to get you car insurance for around $1800, provided you have a clean record.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad