Hey guys,

Im looking for a combo amp, but there are loads out there to choose from and im having difficulty in slimming the list down. My budget is 200-300 bucks, i was wondering if you guys and your knowledge could suggest some good combo amps and help me choose a decent amp.
I have a marshall avt50 combo amp. It sounds great to me and only cost like $230. its extremely loud for a 50watt combo amp. I bought it used and have had it for like 2 years with no problems. the only downside is the reverb doesn't sound great. It has a hot sortof vintage tone at lower distortion, but when you crank up the gain it sounds good for metal too. Hope this helps!
What kind of music do you play? Are you looking for Solid-State or Tube? Modeling amps okay? What guitar are you using?

Willing to go used? Or do you want brand-new?

How loud does it need to be? Do you play small gigs or practice with a band? Need to be heard over a drummer? Or is this for bedroom practicing only??
Quote by TheAbsentOne
What kind of music do you play? Are you looking for Solid-State or Tube? Modeling amps okay? What guitar are you using?

Willing to go used? Or do you want brand-new?

How loud does it need to be? Do you play small gigs or practice with a band? Need to be heard over a drummer? Or is this for bedroom practicing only??

I play Rock, Metal, Punk, bands like pantera, slipknot, machine head suicide silence and either a solid state or tube doesnt matter, what do you suggest ? modelling amps are ok and i have a ESP M200 and a Sig Jim Root Tele and Brand New would be good. Its for Bedroom practicing only. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.
Last edited by Mark_666SKFL at May 19, 2010,
How much are the Blackstar Venue Series where you're at?

I've got a Studio 20 on lay buy, gorgeous amp.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Peavey Vypyr 30?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.