Page 1 of 2
I was driving on a parkway and some truck stops in the middle of the intersection. The BMW that was following it stopped 10 feet before the crosswalk and I rear ended her. Shes now saying that people were hurt and there were police involved. Everyone in her car was fine.

What the **** do I do??
It's party time!
Get a lot of rings and put them on one hand. Introduce that hand to her face.
Boy, you are just having all sorts of car-related problems lately aren't you?

It sucks, and I'm sorry that happened to you. But there's not a whole lot that you can do if you don't have airtight proof.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Take that wench to court. An yell OBJECTION!! anytime you can, I bet its fun.
Favorite Gear

-Aria PE Anniversary
--Roland JC-120
---S101 ES-335
----S101 5 String
-----Ashdown MAG

Quote by thanksgiving
1. Talk to her friends.
2. Then talk to her
3. Invite her out on a date
4.??????????????
5. Jail
Quote by Primus2112
Boy, you are just having all sorts of car-related problems lately aren't you?

It sucks, and I'm sorry that happened to you. But there's not a whole lot that you can do if you don't have airtight proof.

Yes, but now that I have my license I have to deal with the greed of other drivers.

No one warned me this would happen
It's party time!
Insurance companies carry out investigations, they don't just take people's word for it.

Unfortunately they can really suck at it sometimes. My sister once got blamed for a scratch that was on some lady's car when she parked at Food Lion. There were five of us in the car and we all knew that she hadn't even touched the other car but we were teenagers so our statements meant nothing
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
I was driving on a parkway...
About all you'll do after this is park in the driveway.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Led Dirigible
In Alabama, at least, if you rear end someone, the accident is automatically your fault. Don't know if that'll apply to you though.

I'm gonna go to Alabama then and drive backwards the whole time. I'LL BE RICH!
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
if there was no police report, there's no evidence the police were involved. no doctor's bills means there was no one hurt seriously. so if both of those prove nonexistent, then you're more than good.
Pretty much no matter what, if you rear end somebody you are considered at fault. Sorry.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
well first she will have to have doctor records to show that people were indeed injured.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
Quote by GODhimself37
I'm gonna go to Alabama then and drive backwards the whole time. I'LL BE RICH!

Enjoy people without insurance rear ending you and leaving you broke
I got out of it one time because the stupid bitch's brake lights were out... Her mom was a cop, too. I won out big time, there... Got off without paying anything... all she had was a scratch anyway.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
I was driving on a parkway and some truck stops in the middle of the intersection. The BMW that was following it stopped 10 feet before the crosswalk and I rear ended her. Shes now saying that people were hurt and there were police involved. Everyone in her car was fine.

What the **** do I do??

If I were you, I'd try to get her to send or show you copies of the police report and medical bills, or any proof at all that either of those things occurred, and offer to pay for medical treatment. Since there is none, she won't really be able to do much. If there was no police called to the scene, and no report was filed, then 90% of the time the police will not act. At least, that is what my cop neighbor says.
Unless you have proof everyone was fine theres not alot you can do. Same thing happened to a friend of mine he got in an accident and the lady got out of the car and was fine then like a month later she was filing bodily harm on him. He got dropped from his insurance company for being high risk and now pays a ton of money just to drive a small SUV.

EDIT: No matter what though the accident will be your fault. Anytime you rear end someones car its your fault no matter what.
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at May 18, 2010,
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
Some bitch is trying to file a false insurance claim on me
Where's the false part?

Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
I was driving on a parkway and some truck stops in the middle of the intersection.
Yeah, an immovable object. She could see it. You could see it.

Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
The BMW that was following it stopped 10 feet before the crosswalk and I rear ended her.
Your fault, not hers. If she could stop, you could stop. IF you couldn't stop, you were following too closely. Your fault.

Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
Shes now saying that people were hurt and there were police involved. Everyone in her car was fine.
They were? How do you know this? Are you a doctor? Did you examine all of the people in her car?

"there were police involved" That means they got the facts at the scene. And the facts are your car hit hers. You will be responsible for any damage to her vehicle and to the occupants. If properly insured, the financial burden will fall on your insurance company. But your rates will skyrocket after this.

Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
What the **** do I do??
Bend over.

Oh, and be sure you have some of this with you when you go to court:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Led Dirigible
In Alabama, at least, if you rear end someone, the accident is automatically your fault. Don't know if that'll apply to you though.

Its the same in Maryland, and its a load of bullshit. I was in a accident 5 years ago, it was the other persons fault (there were 5 witnesses I didn't know that agreed) but since I hit the back of her car it was my fault, I'm still pissed about that.
im not sure i understand the OP, but its worded in a way that makes it seem that there were no police called to the scene, hence no police report. if there was no police report filed, then there is no proof of the accident. if there is no proof of the accident, you cannot be held legally liable of any effects/after effects of the accident.

even if she tries to take you to court and somehow proves there was an accident by the use of third-party witnesses or what have you, in the process she would get herself in trouble because it is illegal to not call the police and file a police report no matter how minor the accident.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at May 18, 2010,
Quote by Thrill-house
Its the same in Maryland, and its a load of bullshit. I was in a accident 5 years ago, it was the other persons fault (there were 5 witnesses I didn't know that agreed) but since I hit the back of her car it was my fault, I'm still pissed about that.

Same here (not saying where im at but no matter what if you rear end someones car its your fault. If you cant stop in time its most likely that you were following the person in front of you too closely which is why its always your fault. I always give people a good amount of following distance and have never had this problem.
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at May 18, 2010,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Where's the false part?

Yeah, an immovable object. She could see it. You could see it.

Your fault, not hers. If she could stop, you could stop. IF you couldn't stop, you were following too closely. Your fault.

They were? How do you know this? Are you a doctor? Did you examine all of the people in her car?

"there were police involved" That means they got the facts at the scene. And the facts are your car hit hers. You will be responsible for any damage to her vehicle and to the occupants. If properly insured, the financial burden will fall on your insurance company. But your rates will skyrocket after this.

Bend over.

Oh, and be sure you have some of this with you when you go to court:

There were no police there. In the oregon drivers manual you are supposed to stop right before the crosswalk after braking slowly. Not suddenly stopping 10 feet before the crosswalk.
It's party time!
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Same here (not saying where im at but no matter what if you rear end someones car its your fault. If you cant stop in time its most likely that you were following the person in front of you too closely which is why its always your fault. I always give people a good amount of following distance and have never had this problem.

In my case it was right after we started moving after the light turned red, which means everyone was closer together then normal, and then the asshole in front of me steered sharply into the curb and stopped instantly.
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
There were no police there. In the oregon drivers manual you are supposed to stop right before the crosswalk after braking slowly. Not suddenly stopping 10 feet before the crosswalk.

its still your fault. you shouldnt have been following that closely or traveling that quickly. you are supposed to be a few car lengths behind the car infront of you at all times in order to compensate for someone braking quickly.

if there were no police called and no police report filed, she cant do shit. tell her to stop harassing you or youll bring her up on charges of blackmail.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
They'll probably try to argue that if you couldn't stop in time you were following too close.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Thrill-house
In my case it was right after we started moving after the light turned red, which means everyone was closer together then normal, and then the asshole in front of me steered sharply into the curb and stopped instantly.

Not saying that it couldnt be the other persons fault but thats how the state/law sees it.
welcome to the world of driving, most people will sue any chance they get b/c it's easy (well, assuming you've got a lil patience and money for a lawyer). a few years ago i had some old guy pull out in the fast lane of traffic giving me only 60 or so ft to come to a complete stop without hitting him, as he was accelerating at about a speed of 15 mph (speed limit is 60 on that road). needless to say, i smashed the back of his truck and sent him flying....i instantly get out of my truck as soon as i screech to a stop, and run over to his to see if he's alright-all he says is, 'my neck hurts' and then i just walked back to my truck and waited for police and EMS. i was incredibly lucky b/c by the end of it all, everything was dropped. the cops determined that he made a very poor judgement by pulling into the fast lane like he did in heavy traffic, and so it was deemed equal fault in the accident-so no one got anything out of it, and both our vehicles were totaled, but it could have been worse. i live in NC so the rear ending law applies here too.

that incident is why i NEVER, to this day, get closer than within 10 ft of the car in front of me, unless going less than 40 mph. i have many young friends my age who like to follow people's asses like it's cool and fun, but all it does is freak me out b/c of my accident...it wasn't a fun ordeal.

i hope things will work out for you, but next time you need to use the 3 car lengths rule when following people at speeds over 40 mph, there's a reason they teach it in driver's ed. unless you're rollin' on the best break pads and new rotors that exist, there's no reason to follow any closer.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Not saying that it couldnt be the other persons fault but thats how the state/law sees it.

Yeah, but the are some cases were its the other persons fault. But no matter what kind of proof you have it doesn't matter, which just doesn't seem right.
Quote by Thrill-house
Yeah, but the are some cases were its the other persons fault. But no matter what kind of proof you have it doesn't matter, which just doesn't seem right.

Well if theres one thing I've learned from playing Grand Theft Auto its that any problem can be solved by popping cap in the ass of the person trying to take your money.

I suggest you get somebody to shut that bitch up if the law won't help you.
Peace my brothers!!!!
She'll have to prove it, the defendant doesn't have to do shit, if no one was hurt then she'll not be able to prove it, and she'll have charges against her for insurance fraud. This is if you're under American law of course.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Thrill-house

Its not but thats the law its not always fair.

And since slashrocks brought up the topic of following peoples cars right on their ass, when people do it to me I slow down to way below the speed limit just to piss them off. Makes me mad when im doing 70 or 75 on the highway and theres still some asshole right behind me.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Its not but thats the law its not always fair.

And since slashrocks brought up the topic of following peoples cars right on their ass, when people do it to me I slow down to way below the speed limit just to piss them off. Makes me mad when im doing 70 or 75 on the highway and theres still some asshole right behind me.

I know all about that, I'm a delivery driver so I spend all day dealing with assholes like that. I've even had people start fights with me because I wouldn't speed up when they were driving 1 inch from the back of my car.
Page 1 of 2