I am trying to decide on new pedal for me and my bass, and I stopped on these two: The Big Muff Pi, and the Bass Big Muff Pi.

To me, based on the videos I've watched, they both sound about the same.
The Bass Big Muff Pi is a few dollars more expensive.
One of my favorite bassists, Cliff Burton, used one, and I'm trying to go for his fuzz/distortion.

I'm just wondering which one should I go with, and I'd appreciate the help.
They both sound good, I'll give you that.
But the Big Muff Pi will lose some of the lows, and obviously, with the Bass Big Muff Pi, you won't
Hope that helps.
yeah, the bass muff won't cut your low end (as much anyway) but I, personally, love the guitar one too much and use it anyway
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
yup
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

As said before, they cut the low end out, so while it may sound fine soloing, you lose a lot of versatility in a band mix.

Besides, the real answer is get a supercollider.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I don't really like using guitar pedals with my bass because they take away too much low end that I just can't live without. I love my BOSS ODB-3 though. I'd definitely suggest it, though it does hum like a mother****3r. Great fuzz tones.

But if you want a Big Muff, then I'd say spend the extra bucks and get the Bass Big Muff.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by matt-attack
my question is are Russian muffs better than the bass pi?

the russian ones can only run on batteries, so i got the american one so i could use an adapter and not have to worry that my fuzz would die at a gig.
im actually considering the bass big muff pi as well, heh my band wrote a song last week where i have a distorted bass solo and i was using boss mt2 metal zone i picked up radio frequencies (only happened when i used this pedal) and it was interesting to have radio banter behind some of those parts :P
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Electric Pluto
the russian ones can only run on batteries, so i got the american one so i could use an adapter and not have to worry that my fuzz would die at a gig.

I'm in the process of modifying mine to take an adapter

costs less than $5
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

The bass muff has the dry switch which blends your clean/fuzzed signal. I really fell in love with that option and the way it interacts with other pedals.
no sig for joo
There is a reason why they created the bass big muff. To use on bass.

If you want to use it on bass, it would therefore make sense to get the bass big muff.

I'm pretty sure even cliff burton would have used the bass big muff, if it had existed in his time. Sure you wont sound like him, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at May 20, 2010,
Quote by gilly_90
I'm in the process of modifying mine to take an adapter

costs less than $5

I did that with my Ross phaser and it's awesome. You using the one spot adapter thing or is it an actual mod?