Me well i roll it up like the way it was sold is this the best way to keep it and i use some kind of strap that came with it to keep it rolled.
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Velcro straps, rolled nicely
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I keep my cables wrapped at 14.5" loops, with a 1/8 turn each wrap, to keep the coil at optimal performance levels. I sometimes deviate to 15.5" loops, with 3/16 turn, when said cable may be used with my SG, but usually I stick with what works - 14.5" loops.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by LEPIV
I keep my cables wrapped at 14.5" loops, with a 1/8 turn each wrap, to keep the coil at optimal performance levels. I sometimes deviate to 15.5" loops, with 3/16 turn, when said cable may be used with my SG, but usually I stick with what works - 14.5" loops.

haha super specific but yeah i agree with your specific technique
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
All over the floor and twisted and tangled

I don't really care i have decent cables and i've never had an issue with cables dying on me so meh.
You mean for storage?
Fold them in 1/2, then again, then again...when the right size, tie it in an overhand knot.
Have never needed to replace a cable yet.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
coiled evenly in a circle
Last edited by badboy503 at May 19, 2010,
I don't. My cables stay plugged into my guitar/amp at all times. If I need to take my gear somewhere I just grab the cables and roll them up and shove them in my car.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I don't. My cables stay plugged into my guitar/amp at all times. If I need to take my gear somewhere I just grab the cables and roll them up and shove them in my car.

This, or at best I'll fold them a couple times and drape them over my amp. I've had the same (cheap) cable for almost 6 years now and its still going, so my method (or lack thereof) can't be that bad.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've always like the little velcro bands but they aren't that necessary if you coil you cable properly. This is a common mistake made by beginners. When coiling a cable it will have a natural lay like a rope. Don't coil it around your arm just coil it up in the way that it naturally wants to fall. If you've done it right it will lay flat when you drop it on the floor and none of it should spring up. Using a tie afterwards is nice because you can throw them at your roady but if coiled properly they will sit in the crate without tangling badly.
Coiling it properly will also prolong the life of the cable significantly.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sprawled across my bedroom floor. Then i stand on the plugs when i get up to piss in the middle of the night and react with lots of bitching.
I roll them palm-to-elbow... like a normal person.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
I roll them palm-to-elbow... like a normal person.

Which is of course the worst possible way to do it. Exactly what I was warning against, not only won't they lay flay but they'll die a lot quicker.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Which is of course the worst possible way to do it. Exactly what I was warning against, not only won't they lay flay but they'll die a lot quicker.

That's why you buy cables with lifetime warranties
Quote by Cathbard

How long is "quicker"? Because I've been doing this for 15 months with my first Planet Waves cable, and I've also been doing this for 3 years with my 18 year old Peavey cable, and I've had zero problems.
Can cut it's life expectancy in half, especially if it has woven braid. What it's doing is twisting the cable bit by bit until it's all destroyed. They go noisy first.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Done right, the palm to elbow is fine. Hold it loosely while wrapping, so it can twist on it's own (actually NOT twisting, but rotating to eliminate twist).
I like the fold in half repeatedly until you tie it in an overhand knot. No twisting, no velcro, and you can toss them across the room, and NO tangles.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
Done right, the palm to elbow is fine. Hold it loosely while wrapping, so it can twist on it's own (actually NOT twisting, but rotating to eliminate twist).
I like the fold in half repeatedly until you tie it in an overhand knot. No twisting, no velcro, and you can toss them across the room, and NO tangles.

+1

I've done palm to elbow for 6 years on the same shitty braided cable with no issues. I just don't pull the loops tight, I just roll it up the way it naturally lays. People always argue with me and say 'your cable won't lay flat if you do that' but it does... After 6 years.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!