Hi guys, I've been offered a trade, a Squier Deluxe for my Ibanez SA160AM. I don't know bout you guys but I've always loved the looks of an SSS white strat with maple fretboard. Would be a wise idea to trade? My Ibanez is an older discontinued version and the only thing I dislike about it is it's flat neck. I generally play metal, but then I do play some blues, jazz, and good music. The Squier doesn't come with a humbucker so it's kinda bothering me since I usually play rock and metal. Yes, I know strats can do metal, but what about singlecoil bridge pickups?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Keep what you got....you wont like the Squire as much.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Two very different guitars there with the Ibanez being more expensive. But if you dont like the neck on the Ibby you may get on better with the Strat. Doesnt the Deluxe come with hotrails pickups?
... I hope you've actually gotten to play the Squier before. Because I would -never- trade a guitar, any guitar, for another, unless I got to play the one I wanted to trade for in advance. It'd kind of suck to play it and be like "it can't do what I want, but oh shit, I already traded it". An Ibanez could play blues, jazz, and the like just like an SSS-pickup guitar could, honestly. If you do anything first, play the Squier and compare it with the guitar you have now. Don't just go by looks. Test both guitars out, and see which one works better for what you want to do musically.
Have you tried out any squier strats in stores to see what they're like?

You have to try out the strat and see if you like it more than your ibanez. I've personally had my beginner's squier strat for 6 years now, and I will never get rid of it. I've owned and sold off a gibson les paul studio because I actually preferred the feel and playability of the squier, and the les paul ended up collecting dust. I know that 99% of people would think that that was a stupid move, but ultimately I'm the one who's playing and living with the guitar every day, so I just went with what I personally liked more, and that was the strat.

for rock and metal, you'll probably want something with a humbucker, but you never know. maybe you'll like the squier more. just go try out a few in a store and then decide.

good luck
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Yeah, I'll definitely test it before considering a trade. Actually, I was intending to fix some hotrails if the trade really happens.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic