Which bass bridge would have the best tone, sustain and stability?

Fender American High Mass bridge (string-thru-body)

or

Leo Quan Badass II (top-loaded)

If you don't know them both, any experience wih either one of them?
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
I'd say the BAII. Its a fantastic bridge, the only trouble is its availability and price.

Are you replacing the bridge on an MIA, or retrofitting another bass with either an HMV or BAII?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I think the high mass would have more sustain, stability isn't a problem with either and tone is subjective. They're both good bridges.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Tostitos
I'd say the BAII. Its a fantastic bridge, the only trouble is its availability and price.

Are you replacing the bridge on an MIA, or retrofitting another bass with either an HMV or BAII?

No, I'm just a gear-freak xD
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Well they're both great bridges. I guess it comes down to if you really want a string-thru bridge or not. The BA is bulkier, but unfortunately that prevents one from putting on an oh-so-sexy ashtray bridge cover
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Well they're both great bridges. I guess it comes down to if you really want a string-thru bridge or not. The BA is bulkier, but unfortunately that prevents one from putting on an oh-so-sexy ashtray bridge cover

I think the ashtray covers are kinda cool, but I really wouldn't want one, I like it simple.
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
I Think the BAII is pretty overrated. I would go with the high mass bridge.
J.A.L.
Take a look at the Babicz Full Contact bridge.

Looks like a very innovative and interesting design http://www.hudsonvalleyguitars.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=138

http://www.fullcontacthardware.com/fch-4-bass-specs.htm

I may get a 5 string for the next bass I build.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Get the gotah 201 brige, just as much sustain as the BAII, its cheaper and looks more original and of course you dont get the annoying metallic zing.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
and of course you dont get the annoying metallic zing.

What kind of zing are we talking about here?
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
hands down the badass i like mine not so much for the tone it adds .. yeah it's there but it's not as big a difference as evryone says it is ...

anyhow what i like about the badass is it will make your bass have amazing action. my strings are sooo low and no buzzing. 5 mins after i got my badass installed i felt like a 100% better bassist it was just easyer to play and i wasent fumbleing as much. i reccomend the badass becasue i cannot possibly fathom a more perfect bridge ever existing.

but either way you choose theres really not a bad choice out of those two.

im wondering why you dont want both bridges in string thru? is your bass already string thru or were you planning on routing it? in my opinion i wouldent reccomend routing out a bass just for string thru bridge due to how much work and $$ it involves. string thru is just different it's not automatically an upgrade and theres more then likely a reason why the bass was originally not string thru.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
im wondering why you dont want both bridges in string thru? is your bass already string thru or were you planning on routing it? in my opinion i wouldent reccomend routing out a bass just for string thru bridge due to how much work and $$ it involves. string thru is just different it's not automatically an upgrade and theres more then likely a reason why the bass was originally not string thru.

Is the Badass also available in string thru?

And no I'm not planning to change my current bassbridge now, I was just being curious. But if i'd ever build my own dream bass, then it would matter which bridge suits me best.
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
The Badass III is a string-through and it is a fantastic bridge. It is sort of a compact version of the Badass II. The saddles are pre-grooved, too. It is a royal bitch to find one, though. I think Leo Quan stopped making it. I have one on my American Deluxe Precision and it is a major improvement.

The Fender Vintage High Mass bridge was developed to make up for perceived deficiencies in the old Fender stamped steel bridges. If you look closely at it, you will see it bears more than a passing resemblance to the Gotoh 201. Both of them are fine bridges.

The Badass II is still one of the best bridges for a Fender Jazz. If at all possible, get the Badass II(2), which is a Badass II with pre-grooved bridge saddles. The standard Badass II has no grooves in the bridge saddles. You need to have your guitar repairman file them in there. It is a pain, and it requires a proper file in order to do the job right.

Jeff Berlin swears by the Badass II and says it definitely improves the tone of practically any bass. Geddy Lee is another die-hard Badass II user - so much so that he put one on his Rickenbacker 4001. Those are two serious endorsements, in my opinion.

I would definitely swap out a traditional Fender bridge with a Badass or a Gotoh, but I have left the Vintage High Mass on my American Standard Jazz V.

You might also want to look at the Hipshot bridge. It offers both top load and string through the body, and it is a huge piece of metal that will anchor your strings very well.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley