Hey i recently bought a Peavey 6505 112 Combo, i been playing it a bit just in my house with an ESP LTD MH-401.
I got like a few questions..
should i be getting a crap load of feedback on like 6 pre and 2 post? or is there something i gotta do to stop this? Because anything over 5 Pre usually gives me some badass feedback
For playing Metal what settings do you guys use? (or suggest?)
and how far back will i need to be? coz atm its pretty dam bad with the feedback about 5 metres back..
or is it the guitar?
The amp was delivered to my house.. so could that have caused any damage?

Please remember i don't know much about amps... soo any help is really appreciated. Just point me back in the right direction please
Last edited by badboy503 at May 19, 2010,
Might be bad grounding in the guitar or amp. My 6505+ head doesn't give me much feedback, unless you were to dime it. It could just be that you don't mute your guitar properly, though.
High gain amps are usually pretty noisy...and most people will invest in a noise suppressor/gate to help out with this. However, this seems strange. When I played the 6505 combo in store with my RG...I dimed the gain and had the post higher than that without that much feedback or noise. Are you standing too close and/or facing the amp while you're playing? If you're super close to the amp it will just make feedback worse.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at May 19, 2010,
I'll be testing it more tomoro to double check... i understand that with a high gain amp its gunna be noisy but its like ear piercingly loud feedback xD...
I get insane feedback with my 5150 past 6 on pre gain and past 2-3 on post. It's naturally a noisy amp and definitely requires a noise suppressor.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
yeah i cant turn post past 2 with 4+ pre... i guess ill look into a noise supressor...
Quote by Sputnik1
people swear by the ISP Decimator

theres alot of people that also say the ns-2 or whatever its called...
NS-2 or Decimator are very well known and well liked (by most). I personally will be grabbing up an NS-2 as soon as I see one on my local Kijiji.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I've had both the NS-2 and Decimator...they're both great. The Decimator went out on me after a year or so...bought the NS-2 to replace it. Paid $45 for it and it works great. Plus, the NS-2, you can run in the X-pattern to suppress noise in your effects loop (amp noise)...and your signal path (guitar, cable, pedal noise). You will have to buy the g-string version of the Decimator.
I just bought a 6505+ combo too, and I definatly need a noise suppressor. I'll look into the NS-2.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MannyC2107
Might be bad grounding in the guitar or amp. My 6505+ head doesn't give me much feedback, unless you were to dime it. It could just be that you don't mute your guitar properly, though.

PRS SE
Epiphone LP Standard
Peavey Solo Series Renown 400
Big Muff Pi
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss AD-5 Acoustic Processor
Fender Bass
Recording gear etc...
I just bought a ESP Horizon, there was way too much feedback through my 6505+. Turns out when I was palm muting the strings were actually touching the pickups. Might want to check this and move the pickups away from the strings a bit.