Page 1 of 2
Searched, and came up with the ´has your guitar ever got you girls thread?´ so searchbar isnt working that good.

Russia is going to the middle-east preventing USA to **** around there, anyone thinks this is a good move by Putin and his brainwashed friend who is president?
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
The political situation in Russia is a lot worse than you might think.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
The political situation in Russia is a lot worse than you might think.

I know, the worst thing they did is listen to the rest of world who said: Yeee stop being communists and become a democracy! It should work man, we spend thousands of years perfecting it and you guys can do it in a few years!

Thus Russia became reeally ****ed up because of that and the whole world was watching and applauding because they went democracy-style...
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
I know, the worst thing they did is listen to the rest of world who said: Yeee stop being communists and become a democracy! It should work man, we spend thousands of years perfecting it and you guys can do it in a few years!

Thus Russia became reeally ****ed up because of that and the whole world was watching and applauding because they went democracy-style...

I'd say the problem is more to do with the incredibly corrupt government and the fact that 20 years ago their economy was in absolute tatters. A government that still operates like this and has managed to circumvent democracy like Putin has is the problem.
Quote by ApeWeevil
I'd say the problem is more to do with the incredibly corrupt government and the fact that 20 years ago their economy was in absolute tatters. A government that still operates like this and has managed to circumvent democracy like Putin has is the problem.

True, Putin isnt the nicest guy, but Communism back then worked better for Russia then Democracy right now (for them).
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
It's a fair move i think. About time someone tells US of A that where the line should be drawn. But this looks more like an excuse of starting something between the two nations.
It doesn't matter really, before only the US of A wud **** with middle east, now Russia is comin to the party too.
Quote by Henkdemachtige
True, Putin isnt the nicest guy, but Communism back then worked better for Russia then Democracy right now (for them).

Communism worked better? The USSR collapsed. The KGB keep the people down and any protests or rebellions by satellites were violently put down. The death rate amongst ordinary people climbed until the collapse because the money was only spent to make the USSR look good. This is without even mentioning the Stalin era.
The USSR might have done fairly well in terms of science and technology, but food was being imported because the people were starving. You can't romanticise the USSR.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Whether the USA or Russia is occupying these countries, it doesn't matter. Neither is good.

Aren't the Taliban also an occupying force?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Aren't the Taliban also an occupying force?

An extremely oppressive one that likes to use their particular brand of superstition to murder with impunity. Not saying that other occupation is instantly better, but the taleban aren't known for their liberal views and strict human rights codes.
Quote by Restotoles
http://www.smh.com.au/world/evangelicals-rewrite-texan-curriculum-20100518-vcax.html

Well no part of the world seems to be doing great atm.

Sweden's doing quite fine, I think

And on-topic, let's just hope that the situation in the middle east actually gets solved somehow, but throwing in more soldiers to stop a conflict isn't the right way to go, on my opinion.
DeVillains!
what the hell is this thread?
okay so you're talking about increased Russian presence in the middle east, why not link to an article about it or something?

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Whether the USA or Russia is occupying these countries, it doesn't matter. Neither is good.

and since when are Russia occupying these countries?
Russia is atleast keeping some balance in the region
The USSR might have done fairly well in terms of science and technology, but food was being imported because the people were starving. You can't romanticise the USSR.

it's easy to do, why do you think there is such nostalgia in Russia for the old days of the Soviet Union. They were a superpower leading the world in many fields, they pioneered things like space travel and open heart surgery. You say people starved back then, but people are starving there now, many have no jobs and no support from the state.
and when were the Soviets starving? Ukrainian famine of the 30s, some say it was man made by Stalin
but the taleban aren't known for their liberal views and strict human rights codes.

you could probably say the same about the US
Quote by ApeWeevil

Call me crazy, but I am fairly confident most all countries do or have done things similar to what happened with that Russian spy, just Russia got caught.
I don't think really moral qualms are what prevent things like that happening a lot in Western countries, it's just that the state of government and who's in power depends almost entirely on what the papers tell people. If any hint of anything of the sort gets picked up by the papers it is publicity nightmare and game over for everyone involved in it.
Quote by ApeWeevil
Communism worked better? The USSR collapsed. The KGB keep the people down and any protests or rebellions by satellites were violently put down. The death rate amongst ordinary people climbed until the collapse because the money was only spent to make the USSR look good. This is without even mentioning the Stalin era.

O RLY?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Henkdemachtige

You can't possibly be serious.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Of course it is a good move, most of the Western presence in Middle-East consists of occupation troops (I know, it's debatable), and it isn't an exclusively Anglo-American playground. If they have the means to increase their influence there and decide to do so, most Western countries can't legitimately complain since they've been doing the exact same thing for the past 50 years.

France tried to do the same when Jacques Chirac opposed the war on Iraq, since it was obvious the USA were attempting to tighten their grip on this oil-rich region. But France is much closer to the USA than Russia is, so we couldn't afford standing up against US control (almost) on our own and we had to roll with them eventually. Putin, on the other hand, is following the exact same line he was when he backed the French government on the 2003 UN council veto. Everyone knows he intends to restore part of Russia's former power, and full-scale war threats are no longer the way to do so these day. China is perfectly aware of this, too.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by the bartender
The economic situation in Russia is a lot worse than you might think.

Fixed

Quote by ApeWeevil

And yet since 1992, when Boris Yeltsin introduced free-market reforms by the demands of the IMF and World Bank, poverty - those living on less than $4 a day - has increased from 2 million people to 72 million people.

You can't romaticise the USSR, but goddamn, a lot of shit has happened since it broke up.
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Searched, and came up with the ´has your guitar ever got you girls thread?´ so searchbar isnt working that good.

Russia is going to the middle-east preventing USA to **** around there, anyone thinks this is a good move by Putin and his brainwashed friend who is president?

Any article on that?

Quote by Ylasto
Sweden's doing quite fine, I think

And on-topic, let's just hope that the situation in the middle east actually gets solved somehow, but throwing in more soldiers to stop a conflict isn't the right way to go, on my opinion.

Oh yeah

Especially now that it's spring time, mother****ers.

Quote by Restotoles
http://www.smh.com.au/world/evangelicals-rewrite-texan-curriculum-20100518-vcax.html

Well no part of the world seems to be doing great atm.

You gonna make a thread on that? Or should I.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by imthehitcher
you could probably say the same about the US

You could probably try and back that up with some kind of evidence but the fact is the taliban is far more oppressive overall than the US, and as it stands kills more civilians than NATO and Afghan forces do.
Quote by imthehitcher
what the hell is this thread?
okay so you're talking about increased Russian presence in the middle east, why not link to an article about it or something?

That's what I was thinking.
Russia looks out for her interests just like every other country in the world.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ApeWeevil
You could probably try and back that up with some kind of evidence but the fact is the taliban is far more oppressive overall than the US, and as it stands kills more civilians than NATO and Afghan forces do.

just because the taliban are 'worse' doesn't make America innocent.
and what's that; secret prisons, torture, sentencing with no charges, commiting war crimes
yes the US does it all..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4440664.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8674179.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture_and_the_United_States
Quote by imthehitcher
just because the taliban are 'worse' doesn't make America innocent.
and what's that; secret prisons, torture, sentencing with no charges, commiting war crimes
yes the US does it all..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4440664.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8674179.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture_and_the_United_States

I'm well aware they do, America bloodied their hands as far back as Vietnam. I know human rights violations and civilian deaths aren't about numbers, but under the taliban sharia law rules which is completely exclusive to freedom.
Quote by ninnipinni93
the pit seems to be a bit obsessed with russia...

In Soviet Russia, the Pit is obsessed with YOU.

OT, I have no real opinion on TS's rather vague statement, other than that it was rather vague.
Quote by ApeWeevil
I'm well aware they do, America bloodied their hands as far back as Vietnam. I know human rights violations and civilian deaths aren't about numbers, but under the taliban sharia law rules which is completely exclusive to freedom.

Ah well, I'm sure it's all alright now eh, I'm sure the Iraqis feel very thankful for the US for finally being 'free'.

Except, of course, they're not, because, in simple terms, the US helped Iraq privatise the fuck out of their state owned companies, so all the profits from oil that could be used to "free" the Iraqi people has ended up in the pockets of US conglomerates.
I say we get our battlemech/missile system/whatever we've planned purchasing, into operation and kick some Russian/America ass.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
I say we get our battlemech/missile system/whatever we've planned purchasing, into operation and kick some Russian/America ass.

This. Let's turn 1/3 of the map pink again, what?

I call Minister for the Colonies.
Quote by Todd Hart

Allright i´m sorry i didnt link an article because i should have known that the pit never reads news articles or watch tv that is something other than shitty series, comedy central and mtv superbusterroomassholes.

Anyway why is this thread about old russia vs new russia? I made it about the fact that Russia has plans and made them (with Iran?) that they want to build a armybase and some nuclear shit there so USA won´t be going Iraq/Afganistan on their ass.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Anyway why is this thread about old russia vs new russia? I made it about the fact that Russia has plans and made them (with Iran?) that they want to build a armybase and some nuclear shit there so USA won´t be going Iraq/Afganistan on their ass.

Why would they want to? The Americans looted Russia in the early nineties. Now their crusade takes them to the middle east, and yes, maybe Iran at some point. Russia's turn won't come back round for a long time yet.
Last edited by Don_Humpador at May 19, 2010,
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Allright i´m sorry i didnt link an article because i should have known that the pit never reads news articles or watch tv that is something other than shitty series, comedy central and mtv superbusterroomassholes.

I think this is a good idea, but America will definitely throw a tantrum if they can't just move through the Middle Eastern countries taking all the oil without someone stopping them.

I think if more countries were willing to open talks with Iran we wouldn't have so many problems anyway.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Why would they want to? The Americans looted Russia in the early nineties. Now their crusade takes them to the middle east, and yes, maybe Iran at some point. Russia's turn won't come back round for a long time yet.

Listen, i don´t know but it was on the news and stuff so they´ve already done it. Tough luck.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Don_Humpador
Fixed

I concur. Yes the economic situation is very bad, but the same goes for the political situation. Just an example: People who disagree with the government and dare to speak are being locked up and forced to undergo psychiatric treatment for their 'illness'.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Listen, i don´t know but it was on the news and stuff so they´ve already done it. Tough luck.

Link please. I find nothing related to what you're blabbering about.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2