hey guys, i just needed a small clarification regarding the amt legend tones range of pedals (the P1, B1, R1 etc.)

to cut a long story short, im looking for a pedal so that i can connect direct to the mixer while playing live. initially i planned to get a pod x3 or any other mfx with amp modeling. but then i heard of the AMT range of pedals (even the older california sound, fatal tube etc.) that have cabinet simulation and a mixer out.

1) how is the quality of these pedals when playing direct to the mixer? ill be using other effect pedals together with these obviously. i play pearl jam-soundgarden-white stripes-influenced garage/grunge rock.

2)are the legend tone series AMT tube emulators (P1=5150, R1=Rectifier, B1=bogner) too high gain for my requirements? or can they be used to get the sound im looking for?

thanks a lot for the help in advance,
cheers.

ps. pls do not suggest me to buy an amp. i have a specific problem at hand.
I had the exact same problem just the other day. Here's my thread:
Live setup solution needed

I got lots of help, but it came down to the AMT pedals or the Tech 21 SansAmp series. Both fit your needs perfectly -- they behave like an amp combo or amp+cab would.

Right now, i'm aiming for the Tech 21 SansAmp GT2, because of the versatility.
Hear the sound clips on the webpage, search reviews on YouTube...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
^^ wow ur post is like the exact same prob as mine..haha. thanks for that. im from india and we have the exact same problem here. good to see there are crappy organisers in other parts of the world too..haha.

i too was deciding between the sansamp GT2 and AMT pedals. more inclined towards AMT right now..coz they are slightly cheaper and sound as good as the GT2.
Quote by kaushik312
i too was deciding between the sansamp GT2 and AMT pedals. more inclined towards AMT right now..coz they are slightly cheaper and sound as good as the GT2.

Wow, really?

After all the help i got in that thread, i ended up between the GT2 or the AMT F-1.
Here, the GT-2 is only 10€ more expensive than the AMT F-1, and the GT-2 has the advantage to select between 3 mic placements, 3 amp models, and 3 amp modifications (clean, hi gain or hot-wired).

In the end, it became an easy choice for me, because all that versatility will be really useful.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
hmm..theres a bigger difference here..gear prices here are lot more expensive than the corresponding USA rates..but since AMT is made in russia we get it almost the same prices..i paid 750USD for my PRS tremonti se here..but its actually 500-odd USD there i guess..
I've got the Amt Fatal Tube OD i used with my Budda....it's built like a tank and is Silent in a chain.....
Quote by kaushik312
hmm..theres a bigger difference here..gear prices here are lot more expensive than the corresponding USA rates..but since AMT is made in russia we get it almost the same prices..i paid 750USD for my PRS tremonti se here..but its actually 500-odd USD there i guess..

Actually, here in Portugal the prices are quite identical to yours... PRS SE's, for example, go for 700-800€...

But i order my stuff online from Germany or England (PRS SE's cost around 400-500€ in England, for example).
I pay roughly 20€ for shipping, and get everything quite cheaper.

Quote by mmjohn
I've got the Amt Fatal Tube OD i used with my Budda....it's built like a tank and is Silent in a chain.....

He's asking about amp/speaker simulators.
You're talking about an overdrive pedal.

Your post was helpful in what way?
If you're not offering solutions to the problem at hand, refrain from posting.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at May 19, 2010,
I use my AMT DT-2 direct all the time (i have a couple soundclips available). The cabinet emulation is quite good really, but I haven't tried the emulation of the legend series yet so I don't know how it stacks up to my older DT-2. As far as the legend series being too high gain, I'm pretty confident that any of the legend series pedals will sound great regardless of the amount of gain you dial in.

The only drawback that I'm seeing with going with one of these for a direct-in solution is clean sounds. My DT-2 cleans up nicely with the volume on my guitar, but if I just turn it off and run my guitar straight through the emulator without the pedal preamp engaged, it's quite flat and lifeless. So if I needed a pedal that I can just set and forget and didn't mind constantly fiddling with my guitars volume for my cleans, I'd save the cash and get an AMT.

To be perfectly honest, If I was going to be gigging with just a pedal direct-in to the mixer, I'd want something with more on-the-fly versatility. In that regard, I'd have to recommend the POD or something similar.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
^^

yeah the bypass/cabinet emulation problem of older AMT pedals is fixed in the Legend Amp series, i heard. wen u bypass the legend amp series, the pedal goes off but the cabinet simulation remains on. so the new line of pedals should solve your problem to an extent.

also the AMT F1 pedal can be used as a base pedal and it can be coupled with the M1,P1, etc. so it acts as a two channel amplifier. wen u engage the F1 u get a fender twin reverb cleans and wen u turn it off the second channel with M1, P1 etc gets activated automatically. so it acts as ur second channel for distortion (marshall, peavey, etc). i thought its pretty neat for someone like me who needs to play direct at 50% of gigs.
my only doubt was with the quality of these pedals. and after seeing a few youtube demos, i was convinced its the nearest u can get to the actual amp sounds. u really cant go wrong with AMT!