ultrasonic
That Weird Weird Guy
2,723 IQ
Hey guys

Im hoping to do a collab for a Progressive Rock Song

Im Hoping this can break the 20 minute boundaries in vain of most Prog Rock bands

Feel free to start it off, if not I will

Message here if you want to take part, and ill put your names in order of posts, and you can contribute in that order

Thanks

Ultrasonic

P.s. This isnt prog metal. Prog Rock
ultrasonic
That Weird Weird Guy
2,723 IQ
Heya I made a piece to start it off Not actually sure how it sounds, so hopefully it sounds good If possible, can someone export as a midi file <---Not just asking for the sake of it, i cnt hear what i make, and midi export wont work, Long story, cant be fixed

Well here it is
Attachments:
Song Collab.gp5
salamander121
Drummer
1,826 IQ
I'll add a part next and I'll edit once I'm done.

EDIT: Finished - added labels for parts/writers of the song and made a second verse through to a chorus. I'm a n00b at progressive rock but I suggest we move away from the current chorus .

Take as much time as you need .
Attachments:
Song Collab.gp5
Last edited by salamander121 at May 19, 2010,
corrda00
Unregistered User
3,069 IQ
Well im a bit busy these days but I would love to help, I might be able to start working on a new part in about a weeks time. But other than that great job so far guys! I love the voice leading.
ultrasonic
That Weird Weird Guy
2,723 IQ
Hey, I added some bridge part after yours, and it wasnt really intended to be a chorus - verse set up, but i understand how it most likely seemed like it I just wanted to have some large instrumental chunks reminiscent of King Crimson, and I used the main part as a recurring theme. The reason it may sound a bit boring is because I cant actually listen to it myself, due to a midi output failure. So you'll have to tell me what sounds good, what doesnt, and what really doesnt sound good

Thanks

Ultrasonic

Edit: Ive added more, the new newer one is the bigger file
Attachments:
Song Collab Newah.gp5
Song Collab Newah.gp5
Last edited by ultrasonic at May 20, 2010,
salamander121
Drummer
1,826 IQ
Writing/editing next part. Will edit this post when I'm done .

EDIT: Added extended bridge and headed the song in a new direction. Also edited little things such as adding a bass part to your bridge etc.

EDIT 2: Just noticed I worked from the wrong file, I can either fit my new section around yours or vice-versa.
Attachments:
Song Collab Newah.gp5
Last edited by salamander121 at May 20, 2010,