Hey guys,

So i'm thinking of selling my LC30, as its just too big for my needs now, and probably my LX65R too, just to bump up. With that i'd like to get a smaller one, so here's my criteria:

Budget: 300-450 (500max)
VALVES.
Wattage: 15 or under. if possible selectable?
Channels: 2. has to be footswitchable
FX loop: series if possible, doesn't need to be switched.
Combo or head + cab.

Sound: i play everything. mainly atm christian worship and jazz. but i like me a good rock tone and the occasional metalz. so priority goes:

Worship>Rock>Jazz>Metal>everything else.

I can't think of any other info atm, so if you want any more just ask.

Fire away!
Thanks guys
TM

EDIT i remembered. Good cleans, tight distortion! no flabby low end! :P
Last edited by tim_mop at May 19, 2010,
I'm probably looking to move away from Laney to be honest.

I've had a look at the HT-20 and that is definitely an option. Would you suggest the Blackstar cab to go with it? what celestions are they?

Also found the Hayden Mofo. anyone have any good words for that? because it looks near perfect!

TM
Quote by tim_mop
I'm probably looking to move away from Laney to be honest.

I've had a look at the HT-20 and that is definitely an option. Would you suggest the Blackstar cab to go with it? what celestions are they?

Also found the Hayden Mofo. anyone have any good words for that? because it looks near perfect!

TM

i wouldn't go with the blackstar cab, you can get a decent cab with celestion v30's for a similar price like This!
Last edited by britishsligean at May 19, 2010,
Interesting, what's the build quality like on the Harley Bentons? And is V30's a good choice of speaker for the sound i'm after?

Thanks
Quote by tim_mop
Interesting, what's the build quality like on the Harley Bentons? And is V30's a good choice of speaker for the sound i'm after?

Thanks

harely bentons gear is highly recomended, that cab is especially liked on the forums, as for the v30's they are a very bright sounding speaker, and quite alot of people like them, if i could i would put one in my ht-5
500 whats? pounds?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no worries, thanks.

only concern being that 15 watts might be working against your priorities of "good cleans" and "tight bass".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
agreed, this is a bit of a dilemma. Which is why i liked the Hayden because it could switch to smaaaall for when i need it, but can also be 30W when i need that. Anyone got any other suggestions?
If you want something with power scaling you could check out an Orange Thunder 30, it can do 30, 15, or 7 watts. It should also be able to cover your desired genres as well.
Little above my budged but it does look swell, i was looking at orange too. Thanks for your input!
Just found the Orange Dual terror, similar spec in terms of wattage scaling, two channels, awesome sound. But does if have an effects loop? and are the channels switchable? i haven't been able to find anything about that! anyone got any answers on that?

TM