Page 1 of 2
I wish it was last year, they had Cat Stevens on their CD.
...Although, they had Madonna and Bon Jovi, too...
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Duffman123
There is an exam thread, you should go there and good luck

This, and this was more post worthy than thread worthy...

However, good luck anyway TS
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Good luck, you'll be fine. I thought I'd done awfully, hell i even cracked a Lars Ulrich joke, and I got 98%. Such a chilled exam.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Oddsbodkins
Good luck, you'll be fine. I thought I'd done awfully, hell i even cracked a Lars Ulrich joke, and I got 98%. Such a chilled exam.

i wanna hear this lars joke and i got history pilot GCSE exam tomorrow and i'm brickin' it.
What is this exam you folks speak of?

For those of us old foggies who didn't go in a music direction with their career?
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
I did my AS exam 2 years ago. Man it was so boring. Had stuff we weren't even taught etc. Also, last year it was so unorganized.

During the MIDI section we were told to go into the List Editor of Logic Pro and locate where the tempo changes, and to write the value. And well, it didn't change. At all. We all failed that question.
I've got this with Edexcel tomorow too not too worried its only 30% Everyone Should be ok \m/
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I just looked at the Edexcel website. Is my class the only one that hasn't been told anything about the MIDI section?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I did it last year and my school was terrible one kid had to do it on a cd player without track select buttons , surprisingly i came out with a D after not having a teacher for 4 months, it must have been my knowledge of bon jovi.
You'll do fine. I came out with a B last year from basically no revision.

If you know the basics of music then you'll be fine.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
I've jsut been reading through the list of Heavy Rock/Reggae artists that we need to learn about. Apparently there will be a question giving 3 of the artists and we will have to write about one of them and how they contributed to their genre.

If anyone needs the list just ask
What do you even do in AS Music Tech exams? I do BTEC Certificate so I just have loads of coursework :/
NOPE.
Quote by charvel_man
What do you even do in AS Music Tech exams? I do BTEC Certificate so I just have loads of coursework :/

They have to answer questions ie Which microphone would be best to record vocals and why? The answer is a condensor cardoid microphone. Then they would ask the ideal distance micing it up, which is, if I remember correctly, Popshield is 3inches away, and vocalist is 6inches away from that.
Quote by charvel_man

We still have a fair amount of course work
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by boreamor
They have to answer questions ie Which microphone would be best to record vocals and why? The answer is a condensor cardoid microphone. Then they would ask the ideal distance micing it up, which is, if I remember correctly, Popshield is 3inches away, and vocalist is 6inches away from that.

See, this is why I would have liked to do the A-level instead of the BTEC (college didn't offer the A-level) because there is some form of theory involved. The BTEC is sort of "ok, here's an assignment brief. Go and do it." I'd prefer it if I could have some intensive lessons.

Quote by ChemicalFire
We still have a fair amount of course work

The BTEC Certificate is equal to 2 A-levels so we do 10 modules of which each contain 2-5 pieces of coursework each. If you guys have that and an exam I feel sorry for you :P
NOPE.
I did BTEC music gcse and it was stupid (no offence)

We made posters and crap for coursework

Music Tech takes a lot of work

EDIT: Yeah, I wanted to do the actual music gcse, but my school wouldn't offer it

ANOTHER EDIT: Yeah we had to do 3 assignments which were:

Multi Track Recording- Setting up mics, recording seperate instruments and pretty much mix it to replicate a song

MIDI Sequence (I think?)- We had to input and work out all the notation to 'Shopping' by the petshop boys which was also a mammoth job

And Finally create an ambiant style piece of either an abba song (YUK) or Mr.Tambourine Man

All in all, its so much fun but does ask for alot
Last edited by moominman2 at May 19, 2010,
Quote by moominman2

MIDI Sequence (I think?)- We had to input and work out all the notation to 'Shopping' by the petshop boys which was also a mammoth job

The lyrics 'Were S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G, were shopping', shall forever be burnt into my brain.
Quote by Scruff17
The lyrics 'Were S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G, were shopping', shall forever be burnt into my brain.

"We're S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G" dude... "We're S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G"

"We're Shopping"
I'm so lucky that my teacher's chief examiner for the board, I'm feeling no pressure for this exam.
Quote by Scruff17

The bass line will now never leave my head
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Taking it also

My teacher actually almost had sex with my ambient coursework, and I got a decent mark on a mock so it should be chill
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The bass line will now never leave my head

Every time I hear the intro DUN DUN...DUN DUN DUN DUN I die inside. I keep hearing it on adverts, and somehow its got into my itunes !
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I may upload my Shopping up to UG. Although after I listened back to it, about a week after I burnt the final CD, I realised some derp had changed one of the kit parts to some bloody cello or something so I have some really random string parts in mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVM4SOabHDc

My multitracking, if anyone gives a christ
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
I guess there isn't anything wrong with it moomin but I'd just be worried that someone would rob it and hand it in as their own seeing as we just had to send them away as an mp3 file.

Wow that sounds awesome duncang, so crisp and clean. Wish I did a nice clean song, seems that sticking distortion filters onto a clean guitar track just seems to rape them from any tone what so ever ah well.
Yeah, our teacher told us to avoid drums and distortion like the plague.

Thanks for the kind words!
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Page 1 of 2