Guys,
what other (major) brands, aside from Squier, Fender, Ibanez and Jackson, sell SSS and HSS affordable strat-shaped guitars?

i'm planning on using one as a blank canvas! but not much of a jackson fan. i don't think they're "mature", too much oriented on metal folks.

no floyd rose/kahlers please, thankyou
RondoMusic has several off-brands, such as SX that would serve this purpose well...

I have an Indiana IS-300, which is just a Fat Strat copy, that I've replaced almost every part short of the wood, frets, and pickguard (all the elecrtonics are different, the input jack is flipped, etc)... Costs under $200 and they're well made guitars... The stock electronics in them are A-W-F-U-L though.
Thing is, i want to buy it at a musicstore, and not order it on the web. I like to be able to hold it before buying it.
Where do you live and what is the upper limit of your budget? The word "affordable" can range all the way from super cheap to mild expensive.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i'm located in the netherlands... 250 is kind of the maximum, because i want to save some money for parts will not buy them all at once though.
London city spitfire! dutch brand actually! you should google for some dealers.
they are like €250,-
my friend has one, and compared to his Fender MIA strat, they are pretty even.
cheerz
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

Pokémon CYOA
Click here for my electro tunes!

Proud user and abuser of Bugera
i've seen them, they're pretty cool. i like a solid piece of wood though, not with a pickguard with a huge hole behind it.
This is just a guess, but wouldn't Charvel have something like that?
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Search for a Vintage Advance AV6. It's comparable to a Mexican Fender or even Highway one series. Vintage is one of the best brand you can go for here in EU if you're looking for guitar on a budget.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

nice. i like the shape and feel of the jackson in my first post, think i'll go for that, but it's always good to look for more comparable guitars, so keep them coming!
yamaha pacifica!!!
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
hey dude im also from the netherlands and local dealer near me has sx strat's alot

should check your local dealer perhaps they can order them or even have them already?
where is that local dealer located? i was at the one in my city today, lots of good stuff, but no sx's
check out the ibanez sa260 and sas36, both affordable hss guitars
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
My hamer is routed for a HHH layout. I have yet to see someone use a HHH guitar but you just have to replace the pick guard for it. It is a strat style and is definately not meant for metal. The bridge is similar to a Fender Strat bridge. The guitar sells for around $100 on ebay.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
the more i start reading up on this stuff, the more i want that jackson :p so i think that'll be it... keep them coming though!
Godin!
Their SSS model makes me cry inside:
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinprogressionp.htm

While their HSS model not so much but still great:
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinvelocityp.htm

And if you can't afford those and can deal with a slightly different shape to the strat:
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinsdp.htm
A more affordable HSS from them.

EDIT: forgot about the Godin Session.
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinsessionp.htm
It might be a bit more what you're after? But personally the Progression is just perfect.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at May 23, 2010,
sx's with local dealers around Arnhem -> Nijmegen

mainly in packages with them starter amps but now and then they do have seperatly