MatAmp or Orange guitar cabinet?
I'm getting a 4x12 Straight Cabinet in white tolex in the next month.

I've been quoted almost the same price (±£30 including shipping).

Which to choose?
I love Orange cabinets personally, but so much good is said about matamp thats its a real tough choice, either way TS, Great choices
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Yeah it is a pretty tough decision.

Apparently, when Orange MatAmp started out together, It was MatAmp, making the amps for Orange, and then they branched off after argument.

So truth is, Oranges, are MatAmps? Who knows.

Who was around in the 60s?!
Dude....it's ****ing orange. nuff said.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Well the matamp cabs are practically the same really, but theyre convertable to open back which the oranges arent.

Id take the matamp, itd have better resale value and more mojo.
Well done for ruining a promising thread douchebag. This isn't ****ing facebook don't do that shit here.
I'd go for the matamp because of the convertible back someone mentioned above, though the orange is tempting.

White tolex is damn sexy, excellent choice.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by beckyjc

The mojo is undeniable.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Oh, I didn't read the white part. Yeah, go with the Matamp then. If you're gonna get an Orange, it best be orange.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Matamp, fo sho. You get unquestionable support, inexpensive prices, handmade quality, choice of speakers, choice of construction, choice of tolex/covering, etc. And all with the name Matamp, so, as said, you'll be the hippest hipster in town.
Yup, gotta be MatAmp, it'll certainly hold its value better

Mmmm I really should drop in to their factory some time soon... they're only a short train ride away in Huddersfield.
Last edited by Wesbanez at May 19, 2010,
They are exactly the same cabs, except for the convertible back.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
easy...get both
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by beckyjc
Well the matamp cabs are practically the same really, but theyre convertable to open back which the oranges arent.

In that case, I'd take the Matamp
Quote by beckyjc

This. Do this. Now.

Matamp's get my full rec' after I dealt with Steve before. Very nice guys.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by LP_CL
They are exactly the same cabs, except for the convertible back.
Except you can choose what speakers you want in it, how it looks, whether it's a horizontal 2x12 or a vertical 2x12, with better quality. Nothing against Orange, they make fantastic gear, but they are not quite as well made as Matamp.
Yeah! I think I am settling for the MatAmp.

Spoke to them on the phone, and they're incredibly helpful in my demands. I got to choose whatever Speakers, Tolexs, grille cloth the lot! And all that for a price, BELOW the Orange 412 counterpart.

Hopefully be purchasing in the next 2 months, they're so busy when it comes to contacting.
Gah, I want a Minimat so bad...

But in the US, they cost more than a Dr. Z Mini Z if I recall correctly. I was honestly thinking about buying a Minimat II and then getting an Ampeg VH140C for my metal needs, but picked up a Mark IV instead. Very tempted by the Minimat, as well as Matamp's other amps. Good stuff.
Not only do orange amps have an awesome tone, but they hold their resale value well.

Additionally, they are a well known brand that don't seem to last long when they are for sale.

All that aside, Orange amp owners typically tend to keep their amps forever. This is generally a good sign that once the "honeymoon period" is over with their new amp, they still see the value in it.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100