Hey,

Soon i'll be buying an Electric guitar.
which of these amps should i get?
I can make preety good deal with the seller if I buy Ibanez/Fender amp because i'll be buying guitar aswell, can get an awesome price.
Marshall is from another store.
I'll be playing mostly alternative rock and classic rock, such as GnR, Rage against the machine, Audioslave, mmm Led Zepplin and more bands I can't think of.
I need an 30W one.
that would be the best around 300$, no more ;] if possible, give me a specific model.
Quote by Sound'sSoul
Hey,

Soon i'll be buying an Electric guitar.
which of these amps should i get?
I can make preety good deal with the seller if I buy Ibanez/Fender amp because i'll be buying guitar aswell, can get an awesome price.
Marshall is from another store.
I'll be playing mostly alternative rock and classic rock, such as GnR, Rage against the machine, Audioslave, mmm Led Zepplin and more bands I can't think of.
I need an 30W one.
that would be the best around 300$, no more ;] if possible, give me a specific model.

I cant really help you in the solid state department, but my Pignose cost me $250(used/ebay) shipped and it will do all that you want. I compare it to my Fender deville 2x12. Sounds even better once you get it hooked up to a stack. Its a 40watt with a 10" speaker. Really if your spending 300 or less and want the best tone get the pignose g40v. Solid states are alright, but dont give a nice tone like a tube amp.
Any tube amp you can find for under $300 would be good though.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at May 19, 2010,
I'm assuming you are talking about the Fender Frontman, Ibanez Toneblaster and Marshall MG, correct? If so, all three are rubbish.

Where are you located? Depending on where you live, good used stuff may be available. (In the United States, 300 will get you a used Peavey Classic 30, for example).

If it has to be a new amp, look at the Vox VT series of amps, they do classic rock just fine.

Quote by EddieRowan
the Marshall MG30FX has a wide variety of effects that you can set it to. it can play metal, blues, alt-rock, and just about anything else. it costs about $200 and it's well worth it

Grab a flameshield, you'll need it.
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 19, 2010,
what brands of amp does your local store have? is it for home practice or gigging or both?

EDIT: pretty much what quail is saying.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with Vox.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
That is like choosing between Blue, Orange, and Green crap. it is all crap at the end of the day.

for $300 you can do a lot better
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I found a store which sells Peavey for about 400$[in Israel it's preety expensive], but my father doesn't want to order an amp from the Internet S:

It's for home use.
^Dude when you buy cars do you say 'I can get a Toyota for $25,000?' No you say 'I can get a Toyota CAMRY for $25,000.' That second word there is the MODEL. Amps have them too. Saying you can get a Peavey for $400 means absolutely nothing. That could be the steal of a lifetime or the worst deal ever, we have no way of knowing.

Stop thinking in terms of brands. Each brand out there makes some crap and some great stuff. What matters is the individual models.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Sound'sSoul
I found a store which sells Peavey for about 400$[in Israel it's preety expensive], but my father doesn't want to order an amp from the Internet S:

It's for home use.

We need to know what specific models are available. The manufacturer's name alone doesn't help, since all companies you've mentioned so far produce everything from complete crap to exceptionally good amps and anything in between.
i dont know the specific models available, that's why i asked you guys to give me models.
oh well =\ I played the 30w ibanez he had there, it sounds pretty good to me , but i'm a begginer
Believe me when I tell you that you'll learn to hate it.

Okay, look for the following: A Vox VT (also called Valvetronix) or a Peavey Vypyr. These are both nice, though the Vox is considerably better imo, especially for the bands you mentioned.
Avoid the Marshall MG, Fender Frontman and Ibanez TB and TBX (also called Toneblasters).
Quote by Sound'sSoul
i dont know the specific models available, that's why i asked you guys to give me models.
oh well =\ I played the 30w ibanez he had there, it sounds pretty good to me , but i'm a begginer

From now on, when you play an amp you're considering buying READ THE FRONT PANEL. That way you can go home, get on google and start researching, instead of posting here and saying 'I played an Ibanez, it was good, think I should buy it?' and sounding like a completely helpless individual. The rule of thumb around here is if you can't help yourself why should we help you.

I don't mean to come off harsh here, so don't take me too seriously, but just remember that we're not paid to do this. We choose to help people because we like talking about gear and getting others interested... But if you make it too difficult for us we're just not gonna bother. Get as much info as you can on your own, then come here with specific questions, otherwise you'll get no real help. Anyway, good luck!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by EddieRowan
the Marshall MG30FX has a wide variety of effects that you can set it to. it can play metal, blues, alt-rock, and just about anything else. it costs about $200 and it's well worth it

For the love of god don't give advice if you don't know what you are talking about.

Anyway dude check out a peavey vyper or a roland cube. They should be what you are looking for hopefully.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Well, i'll try talk my dad into ordering me the Peavey, if not i'll just buy the AMP which sounds the best for me X:
Quote by forsaknazrael
Amps to check out:

Peavey Vypyr 15
Roland Cube 30
Vox VT15
Vox AD15VT

i can get the Peavey Vypyr 30 w for like 1500NIS=400$, and the 15 for 1000NIS=2600$
If you can afford the 30 it's worth it. It's got a bigger speaker which helps with the sound. Plus it will be loud enough for band use, should you ever decide to play with a band. The 15 would struggle in such a situation.
Quote by TheQuailman
If you can afford the 30 it's worth it. It's got a bigger speaker which helps with the sound. Plus it will be loud enough for band use, should you ever decide to play with a band. The 15 would struggle in such a situation.

I can't afford, i'm kinda borrowing the money for the amp from him.
he agreed ;] I showed him what you guys said and he said we will order it tomarrow, and the days it gets here we'll go buy the SZR520 Ibanez thanks guys
peevee (maybe you pronounce "i" like "ee")
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Good choice of guitar brand
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by TheQuailman
I'm assuming you are talking about the Fender Frontman, Ibanez Toneblaster and Marshall MG, correct? If so, all three are rubbish.

Where are you located? Depending on where you live, good used stuff may be available. (In the United States, 300 will get you a used Peavey Classic 30, for example).

If it has to be a new amp, look at the Vox VT series of amps, they do classic rock just fine.

Grab a flameshield, you'll need it.

TheQuailman:

Respectfully, I disagree about the Vox VT Series. I have a Vox AD50VT and I highly regret buying it. Oh, and their customer support is terrible too....

TrueBlueFlipLover
Ya gotta love living in the US. I'd sell you my Vypyr 15 for $60 if you were here. And I just picked up an Ibanez SZ520 for $100 off cragslist.
whats up with all the roland hype...
they're only a tad better than MGs

vox or peavy are both nice
fender has bad overdrive
27mMoV31II7.a2