I'm looking for a reliable portable amp with around 50-100 watts of power for small shows/open mics that is both reliable(ie not Behringer :l) and sounds decent. I haven't been able to really narrow down one particular amp which is the perfect quality/price ratio, but mostly I've looked at Ibanez, Traynor, and Peavey. If you can recommend some other brands or specific models, that would be great. I won't want to spend more than $250, so any guidance or personal experiences with certain models would be a great help. Thanks in advance
Hi.
Last edited by David12390 at May 19, 2010,
why do you need 50-100 watts for a small show?

for that price i'll look for the orange crush although they dont have that much watts
I have the 50 watt orange crush. It prety darn good, but I dont know if its loud enough for a show. I guess it deprnds on what you are going to play.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ashdown Little Giant + a 210 cab. The head is smaller than a PS2.

Really smaller than a PS2? Mad.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ashdown Little Giant + a 210 cab. The head is smaller than a PS2.

yep, agreed
US TUBES
Isn't a Ashdown Little Giant out of his price range?
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
GK makes a 150 watt combo with a 1x15 thats about 3''x12''x12'' (Yes, those are inches)

Its a very powerful, SMALL amp, with a pretty good tone. They work fantastically for upright basses. They are the gigging upright basses amp of choice because you can get the amp and the bass inside the venue in one trip

I promise you will not find a smaller amp