Hi

My brother is using Jackson Dinky DK2m, and he's got TB-4 (bridge) and SH2n (neck) Jazz pickups.

The guitar is equipped with a low profile jackson licensed floyd rose.

Pretty much he wants to install some DiMarzio Evolutions in his guitar (bridge & neck), he's a shredder and he plays mostly lead.

The question is: Should he buy F-spaced pickups or normal ones?

Speaking of Dimarzio evolution, has anyone tried them? any opinions?

Thanks
Last edited by Tyraziell at May 19, 2010,
Both will work, but F-Spaced means Fender/Floyd spaced (spaced for a Fender/Floyd Rose string spread), so I'd go with the F-spaced if you want the pole pieces to line up with the bridge and a Jackson Dinky with a Floyd Rose.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Thanks man, your help was really appreciated.

Any opinions about Dimarzio Evolution? are they as good as they say?
I would get F-spaced. They're made to actually line up perfectly with the strings on Floyds/Fenders.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Tyraziell
Any opinions about Dimarzio Evolution? are they as good as they say?

They're good if you're good. Honestly, any little mistake and it will be heard.

The Evolution bridge is very hot, and very clear. I thought it sounded pretty harsh through solid state amplifiers, and it can be a bit much through an amp with a very bright voicing. Through something a little more ballsy, it sounds great.

The Evolution neck is again hot and clear, but quite a bit warmer. I like the neck pickup quite alot.

I might try the Evo2 in the bridge soon myself, it's not as hot and not as trebley.

They're not really "metal" pickups, if that's an issue for him. Vai's Alien Love Secrets album is an excellent reference for the tone, Die to Live, The Boy From Seattle and Tender Surrender pretty much sum up the Evo sound.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.