Okay, this is the question, C Major, I know the Minor Relative is the 6th minor, It's A Minor.

Now, if A major has 3 sharps, then it becomes C natural? or what happens in this transition?

-Thanks
A major and the relative minor from that offcourse is the 6th minor of that so F# Minor
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
From this statement: I know the Minor Relative is the 6th minor

You should be able to look at any Major Key and find the Relative Minor.

As was pointed out, F# Minor is the Relative Minor of A Major...because F# is the "6th minor".

So you know the rule, you just need to know how to apply it.
Take the Major chord, count a minor third downwards and you get the realtive minor.

A-> F#m
H->G#m
C->Am

etc...
Quote by MikeDodge
From this statement: I know the Minor Relative is the 6th minor

You should be able to look at any Major Key and find the Relative Minor.

As was pointed out, F# Minor is the Relative Minor of A Major...because F# is the "6th minor".

So you know the rule, you just need to know how to apply it.

Yes, but I was wondering why it has the same notes Am and C, because A Major scale is: A - B - C# - D - E - F# - G# - A, and C Major is C - D - E - F - G - A - B - C
Quote by MstrGuitarPlyeR
Yes, but I was wondering why it has the same notes Am and C, because A Major scale is: A - B - C# - D - E - F# - G# - A, and C Major is C - D - E - F - G - A - B - C
A minor has the same key signature as C major, simply because it does. A major has a different key signature, simply because it does.

When you break it down, it comes down to the occurence of whole and half steps in the scales. The major scale "W/H formula" is WWHWWWH (1 2 3 4 5 6 7) whereas the formula for the natural minor scale is WHWWHWW (1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7).

Juxtaposing A minor and C major, it looks a bit like this:
A B C D E F G A
 W H W W H W W W H
    C D E F G A B C
When you add A major to this, lining up the whole and half steps, the notes don't line up:

A B C D E F G A
 W H W W H W W W H
    C D E F G A B C
 W H W W H W W W H
    A B C D E F G A
       (#     # #)
Hope that helps.

By the way, your font is obnoxious (at least on UG Black). I don't know if you've been told that before, just thought I'd point it out.

Edit: Yeah it looks fine on UG Classic, but it's very difficult to read on UG Black
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at May 19, 2010,
Because it's the relative minor - the definiton of relative scales is "scales that share the same notes".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Because it's the relative minor - the definiton of relative scales is "scales that share the same notes".
This brings up something I forgot to mention:

C is the relative major of A minor.
A is the parallel major of A minor.

Relative means the two scales/keys share the same notes with a different root.
Parallel means the two scales/keys share the same root with different notes.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
A minor has the same key signature as C major, simply because it does. A major has a different key signature, simply because it does.

When you break it down, it comes down to the occurence of whole and half steps in the scales. The major scale "W/H formula" is WWHWWWH (1 2 3 4 5 6 7) whereas the formula for the natural minor scale is WHWWHWW (1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7).

Juxtaposing A minor and C major, it looks a bit like this:
A B C D E F G A
W H W W H W W W H
C D E F G A B C
When you add A major to this, lining up the whole and half steps, the notes don't line up:

A B C D E F G A
W H W W H W W W H
C D E F G A B C
W H W W H W W W H
A B C D E F G A
(# # #)
Hope that helps.

By the way, your font is obnoxious (at least on UG Black). I don't know if you've been told that before, just thought I'd point it out.

Edit: Yeah it looks fine on UG Classic, but it's very difficult to read on UG Black

Thank you, it totally solved it, I didn't knew there was a different formula to minor scale, thank you
Quote by imaginary.frnd
Take the Major chord, count a minor third downwards and you get the realtive minor.

A-> F#m
H->G#m
C->Am

etc...

german notation♥
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.