Ok....IDK what amp to get...
Im stuck on the Peavey XXX, 6505+, 3120, or a JSX....
Playing through a mesa cab...
I play stuff like All that remains, whitechaple, tDWP, ATK ATK! , stuff like that.
If you want to stick to Peavey, the 6505+ would be my choice. However, if you want to branch out to other brands, try to find a used Randall V2. I played one recently and it had a very nice, heavily distorted sound.
Price range?
Willing to go used?
Gigging/practice e.t.c?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Price range?
Willing to go used?
Gigging/practice e.t.c?

Below 1200
hmmm leaning more towards new.
and both.
Without a doubt, I would suggest a 5105/6505, but that's not on the list... you could easily get one for the price, and they blow the 6505+ away in terms of 'teh br00talz'. Probably every band on your list has used or uses them... The 3120's pretty sweet too, though - I got some killer mid-scooped tones out of one on the rhythm channel a few days ago ;D
5150 or 6505 would get my vote as well.

But for $1200, you could pick up a Framus Cobra, Rivera K-Tre, VHT 100 or 50/CL, etc. on the used market
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Why not the 6505+?
I think I MAY go with a mesa dual rec used.
Eh, unless you get a 2 channel dual recto, it will be too loose for those bands IMO.

The 6505+ is a good amp, but IMO, is more for lead playing, it has a smoother gain structure and the cleans are better. However, the 5150/6505 is much more aggressive and just a huge, raw metal tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com